Chapter 11: Pan, Sam, and the Grimm wolves

Back in the mainland forest

The thundering paws underneath her vibrated through her body lulling her into a false sense of comfort. For the first time in years had felt safe, protected, and secure. And as much as she hated it she realized that it meant Sammy was safe too.

Even though the blurring trees and constant blowing of wind on her back she kept her senses alert, she didn't know how but she could feel the forest around them. As soon as they came to the forest entrance, it was as if her senses had been cleared and suddenly she could see the world through a magnifying glass.

The forest was alive with sights and smells, she could her all the night animals hooting and howling in the distance. The night wind whipped around her hair as she deeply inhaled the air. Nerves in her body came alive with a strange intoxicating, delicious power.

The forests was speaking to her, chanting the same words over and over again.

Hail princes of the forests, protector of animals, great Pan, Welcome.

Pan was astonished, amazed. Never had she felt so alive, so strange and so powerful. However, as suddenly as the strangeness came, it went. Silence settled in the forest and once again. The thudding sound of the paws underneath her and the wind became the only source of sound the in the otherwise dead, dark forest.

She turned to look behind her and saw the rest of the Grimm's pack. An elegant white blond wolf was running very close to them. Pan could guess by his size and his speed that he was the beta, he had his eyes trained to the front looking every now and again to the female wolf on his right. A reddish wolf with sleek fur much smaller in stature, she was the smallest in their group and the way they kept looking at each other they were probably mates.

Further in the back was the Head Gamma, a large brown she wolf, rare for that high of a position. The two trackers had ran up ahead, they were both auburn in color and had stared at her unabashedly when they had met at the entrance of the forest. The rest had simply accepted their alpha's command without a word and took off in the direction given. All of them had the markings of grimwore on their wolves.

They had been running for miles now, and the rooms were just future up ahead. Sammy's body was flushed against hers as she covered him from the wind. She could feel his clammy breath on her neck, his whole body was burning up when he started to scream in pain.

A jolt of fear ran through her body as she pulled away to look down at him. His face was white as chalk and a sheen of sweat covered it as she shivered uncontrollably.

With shaking hands she prodded at the hard bone protruding through the arm of his jacket and knew that his bones were breaking to accommodate his wolf's body. She placed her hand on the broken bone lowering her head and did something she hadn't done in a long time, she prayed. With all her will she prayed that they would make it in time, that the vampires who were not far behind would not catch them, she prayed that her baby boy would be alright.

"What was that?" Sasha the beta asked in the mind link.

"It was the boy, he is shifting," his alpha replied.

Although the tone the Grimwore alpha gave had signified the end of the conversation it did not stop the thoughts in Sasha's mind. He looked at the woman who was currently on the alpha's back, she was beautiful and his wolf was unexplainably drawn to her. Not in the way that he was to Katrina, that was a clear mate bond. No he felt the greatest urge to protect her and keep her safe, he knew for a fact that his wolf Condor was mesmerized by her and was speaking of her with great respect.

Panora {#Watty2016}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें