Ch:24-The Nightmare

(Sadia's POV)

I was alone in the big room and was folding my sari, that I wore in the lunch party. The room was completely silent and dimly lit. As I noticed that, I started feeling a little restless. Why this room scares me so much? I asked myself. I quickly folded the sari and kept it on the table, intending to go out of this room as soon as possible.

Suddenly, the open window became shut, making a loud slapping sound, as a blow of air started whistling outside. The other windows also started hustling, along with the force of the wind. I gulped down and thought I should go and close the windows, after all it was just a storm outside. There was no point of getting so nervous.

As I walked to the window, for some reason I felt the same rush of impatience like I once felt when Maruf was waiting outside, leaning against his motorbike. My heart was again beating abnormally fast, as if I am going to look out of the window and spot Maruf there. My hands trembled, to open the half closed window and the moment I did, it totally moved me to see the same Maruf standing there.

I immediately stepped back, pushing my head backwards against the pillow. My eyes opened wide and I found myself on the bed. I rose up and looked on my side, to not find Abrar there. Without waiting for a second, I rushed to the study, where I knew Abrar would be.

~~~~~~~

"Abrar." I opened the door of the study taking his name. He looked at me instantly from his laptop, when I entered. I sighed a deep breath of relief seeing him there.

"What?.... Are you okay?" He said after looking at me for a while. I started walking towards him. "You were sleeping right?" He got up from his chair too, keeping a file on the table, which was most prolly on his lap.

"Can you come and sleep now?" I said clutching the sleeves of his hand. He steeped towards me too, extending his hand to cup my face but stopped right before he touched my face. He took his hand back. No. The back of my mind screamed, I wanted him to console me, touch me and make me feel that he was there. For the first time I felt as if I shouldn't have taken that promise from him.

"Okay." He said calmly, shutting the laptop with his other hand. I moved my hand from his and turn around but again look back to make sure that he was coming. He then dilated his eyes eying me to go.

~~~~~~

"You go in first." I said as we stood outside our bedroom. Abrar looked at me bewildered, opening the door. "Can you also close the windows?" I said as we entered the room.

"Windows? They are already closed. Did you see a bad dream?" He said going to the bed. I rushed to the bed too behind him.

The windows were open in the dream. Thank god it was a dream, it was a pretty scary one though. I would never want that to happen in real life.

The idea to think about Maruf seemed wrong now. I knew why I had this dream today, after so many days I heard Maruf's name, which was taken by Fairooza auntie and I thought way too much about the matter. She told Abrar something about him, I don't know what. I heard a bit when she said Maruf came to her house. Then they started whispering, leaving me to imagine what they might be talking or what Maruf might have done.

"Are you going to sleep? I am leaving in five minutes." Abrar said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What? No. It's three in the morning, how long do you want to work more?"

"I really love the quote of Kammons Willson, 'I like to work half a day. I don't care if it is the first 12 hours or the second 12 hours."

"Who is Kammons Willson?"