Chapter 9: Getting ready for camping

The next morning, Josephine woke up on her bed noticing that Chanyeol wasn’t there anymore. She rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them. She heard something from outside and she hurriedly went out to look what is happening.

From the corner of the living room, she saw Chanyeol cooking breakfast in the kitchen. He looks very serious and he wasn’t able to notice her. She walked in secret towards him and tried to scare him but before she could even scream behind his back, Chanyeol knows that she was already awake.

“Don’t try to scare me. Let’s just eat because the breakfast is done!” he said.

“AISH! How did you know?” she asked, walking towards the table.

“I saw you already. Bleh!” he teased.

They sat down on the table and Josephine started sensing the delicious smell of the food.

“Just eat. Here try this one.” Chanyeol placed some Korean Barbeque on her plate.

“Korean barbeque for breakfast?” she was confused.

“Yaaa~ It doesn’t matter.” He said and she just started to taste the food that he prepared.

“Daebak!” She shouted and tried to get some more.

“Jeongmal?! Ohhhh. It was the first time that someone praised my cooking skills!” He said very proud.

Ring~

Ring~

Ring~

“Ohh. Excuse me” she said and ran towards the phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” she said.

“Hello my dear!” her mom was on the line.

“Omma! How are you?!” she asked.

“I’m fine and you don’t need to worry about me.” Her mom said.

“When are you coming back home?! Tomorrow’s the last day of your 1 week business trip.” She asked. Her mom didn’t answer for a while.

“Omma? Are you still there?” she nervously asked.

“My dear, the reason why I called you is that there’s something I needed to tell you.” Her mom was serious as she talked to her.

“What is it mom?You’re making me nervous.” She looked at Chanyeol and he was also looking at her wishing that he could ask what’s going on.