Adulthood

Adulthood makes you realize that being sick and tired aren't just physical weakness. You eventually start losing interest in everything and everybody. You want to cry but, you've no clue why. You search for quotes to express your feelings. Paradoxically every sad quote seems so relatable yet you can't exactly describe what you feel. Nothing goes right and problems pile up. You keep on trying to forget someone but end up thinking more about 'em. You realize it has become your habit. The truth is you just can't accept the reality. Clinging on to that tiny ray of hope which doesn't exist, you destroy yourself by every bit. You've changed a lot, you're not the same person you used to be. Unsure of which person was better, or tired enough to judge. Hatred and envy have become a part of you. The poet in you has turned into a sadistic critic of everyday things which you once wrote sonnets about. You struggle hard to smile. Halfway through your smile, sadness hits you with an iron rod and there's no reason for it. You forget to differentiate between your fake smile and the genuine. What is that are you seeking, happiness? But you've buried your happiness in a person. But the person has gone too far away, probably not caring about your mere existence. You forgot what you seek, the person or the happiness. Or the person who's the reason behind your happiness. You're lost! You're terribly out of track. No art or literature can you pull you out of this pit. It can only pat on your shoulders and remind that you're not alone.