15

When Blaine and I got home from work we found Felony had chewed up a pair of my shoes. Blaine helped me clean up the mess then he ordered pizza. We ate in silence until he leaned back in his chair and pushed his plate forward.

"So I have some stuff I need to do tonight..." Blaine trailed off.

"Stuff?" I asked.

He sighed. "Nixon came into the skate shop before you got there. He said he needed to have a conversation with me in privet. It wasn't really optional."

"Blaine maybe you should just st-" he cut me off.

"I'll be fine Brooke." He gave me a smile. "Just promise you'll stay here while I'm out."

I nodded. "Call me when you're on your way back?"

He stood up and kissed the top of my head gently. "Of course."

Once he was gone I played with the dog for awhile. When my phone rang I jumped up and answered it hoping it was Blaine already. When it wasn't my heart actually sank making me realize that maybe I liked him more than I should already.

"Hey Brooke, I was wondering if I can come stay with you? My dad is out of town and I'm lonely." Madison's voice asked from the other end of the phone.

"Um," I sighed. "Did I tell you I'm not living with my mom anymore?"

"NO!" She shouted. "Where are you?"

"Blaine's apartment, but before you freak out it isn't like that. He's just helping me out." I explained.

"So would he be mad if I come over?" She asked.

I thought about it a minute and shrugged. "Probably not. I'll text you the address."

Madison was at his place after almost an hour went by. I let her up and she stood in awe of the apartment for all of three seconds until Felony was at her feet yapping. She knelt down to the floor and scooped him up.

"Awe! Is this Blaine's puppy? He's so cute!" She cooed.

"His names Felony, and we got him yesterday." I laughed.

"Oh he got you a dog but it isn't like that." She rolled her eyes as she made her way to the couch.

"He's sweet." I shrugged.

Madison stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face me slowly. "Did you just admit you think he's sweet?"

I nodded. "So?"

"Brooke Sinner you like him!" She pointed a finger at me. "You are so into him!"

I shook my head fast. "No no no, I don't like him like that."

"Are you convincing me or you?"

"Whatever." I waved my hand. "You can take that room and I'll sleep in his since he's gone still and it's like midnight. He must be staying at his friends."

"Where is he anyway?" Madison asked.

"Just with some friends."

"Guy friends?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yes Madison. Now I'm going to bed."

"Fine grumpy pants. Goodnight." She smiled as Felony wormed his way loose to follow me to Blaine's room.

I was overwhelmed by Blaine's cologne as soon as I entered his room. It smelled amazing. Felony ran over to the unmade bed and tried to jump up but missed. I picked him up and said a silent prayer that Blaine was okay as I slid into the bed covering up.

I was startled awake by the bed sinking beside me around three in the morning. My heart hammered in my chest and I sucked in a sharp breath. Blaine sat on the edge of the bed shaking his foot on the floor. He looked back at me.

"Sorry I woke you up. I didn't plan to be gone that long." He sighed. "Why are you in here?"

"Madison's in my room." I mumbled. "Lay with me."

He kicked off his shoes and laid back beside me with Felony at our feet. "Nixon wanted to offer me a job."

"You said working for him was dangerous Blaine."

"It is, but so is turning him down." He sighed.

"What's the job?" I asked laying my head on his chest not even hesitating.

"He just wants me to keep an eye on some people and tell him what they're up to." He said. "We can talk about this tomorrow. You need to sleep."

As if on cue I yawned. "Will you hold me?" I asked him as I rolled over.

He chuckled. "Sure."

His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me to him so we were cuddling. He was so warm and it made me feel safe. In his arms nothing else mattered. He made me feel safe. Nothing in this world made me feel the way I do right now wrapped in his arms.

"Goodnight Brooke." I felt him kissing head softly.

"Night Blaine." I mumbled a reply as I drifted between awake and asleep.