26

Jay opened the door to reveal Paul panting hard. I was so happy to see him even though I was really hoping Blaine would come to get me. Jay looked over his shoulder at me and I nodded jumping up.

"Paul!" I ran into not his arms and hugged him tight. "Thank god you're here."

"Well we're gonna be here awhile longer!" Paul sighed coming in and closing the door. "Nixon's men are everywhere down there. I'm gonna call the cops."

"No cops pretty boy!" Jays buddies started having a heart attack.

"Not on us!" Jay yelled. "For her."

"Ooooh!" They all laughed.

Paul called the police and had a short conversation with an Officer Williams. Once he hung up he told me to take a seat on the couch. He thanked Jay and his friends for helping us. He even offered them money.

"Nah man I don't need money for doing the right thing. She was obviously hurt and running scared. I'm just happy she found us when she did." Jay politely declined.

Lights lit up the window overlooking the street. Red and blue everywhere. The sirens blared loudly. I stood up and walked to peek out. I saw cops everywhere and they had men on the ground. Nixon was in cuffs being stuffed into the back of a car and everything looked under control.

"Officer Williams will come get us when it's safe for you." Paul said joining my side. "You should call Blaine while we wait. He's worried sick. When he showed up at our house he was ready to charge into battle for you."

I laughed shaking my head. "He'd have got himself killed. That knee of his isn't healed up yet."

"He wouldn't have cared." Paul sighed. "He loves you and he thought they were going to kill you."

"I thought that too." I sighed.

"Did they hurt you?"

I shrugged. My head was on fire from the pain, and I'm sure he saw the cuts and the missing chunk of my hair. He knew the answer to that question already.

"Uh guys the cops are at the door!" Jay hollered.

***

After filing a report and so many questions I wanted to just claw my eyes out, I was carted off to the hospital for my injuries. Apparently they were worse than I had thought. Paul let me ride in the squad alone and promised to go get Blaine.

Now here I lay in a hospital bed where I've been informed that I'll be for at least a few days. My head didn't feel as bad now since they had me all doped up. That was a plus at least.

"Brooke thank God!" Blaine burst into the room.

He hugged me tightly and I felt tears soak through my ugly hospital gown. "Hey, I'm okay."

"I know and I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I promised to keep you safe and you were hurt. God Brooke do you hate me?"

"Blaine," I put my hand up and cupped his cheek. "I love you so much it hurts. Now please stop crying. I'm okay!"

He chuckled and sat with me in the bed. "Paul said they carted a dozen of Nixon's henchmen off to jail tonight."

"You called the cops for me." I felt the smiled spread over my face. "If only if known all it took was getting kidnapped."

"Not funny. I was scared to death! When Felony came back to the door pawing and scratching I let him in and looked around. You were nowhere in sight so I kinda got worried. Then I found out you'd left your phone I really started freaking out." He sighed. "I called Madison but she didn't answer so I stumbled to the car and drove to her place. She hadn't seen you though and when I got back home there was a handful of your hair and a note at the door. I then drove to Trent and Paul's. They talked me right into calling the cops after I told them everything that was happening and my lame plan of rescue."

"Well I'm glad. They have Nixon in jail and no one got hurt." I snuggled closer to him. "The medicine is making me tired."

"Hey one more thing before you fall asleep?" He questioned.

"Hmm?"

"Paul mentioned that Zach was one of the guys they arrested. What the hell was he doing there?" He asked.

"He was working for Nixon I guess." I shrugged. "I'm just glad it's all over."

I felt him sigh. "Me too."

"We can finally live normally now." I closed my eyes imagining being able to do normal couple things with him.

Blaine didn't say anything for awhile though and that worried me. He rubbed small circles on my back and hummed softly, but never agreed with me. It was eating me up so I finally cracked and spoke up.

"Why didn't you agree?" I asked looking up to see tears in his eyes again.

"Brooke, when I called the cops I had to tell them everything." He said softly as an officer came into the room. "Like everything, everything. They know about the guy I killed. That breaks my parole and chances are pretty high I might be joining Nixon in prison."

My eyes filled with tears at this as well. "It wasn't your fault though. I can testify that he held me at gunpoint to make you do it."

"Doesn't matter Brooke. I still pulled the trigger. That makes me guilty and I deserve to be punished for what I did." He sighed. "I was being taken into custody when they let me come see you. It was nice they did that and I won't argue that I need to be detained and at least questioned. I love you so much. You have to know that I did this because I love you, and no matter what happens to me because of it, I'd do it again for you in a heartbeat."

He'd never know how much I loved him. "Blaine King I love you so much."

The heartfelt moment was interrupted by the officer who'd come to get Blaine coughing and nodding at Blaine. He came over and stood at the foot of my bed. He said he was sorry but they had to leave.

"Is he going to go to jail?" I asked. "For something that wasn't even really his fault?"

The officer sadly smiled. "Miss if it was up to me he could stay here tonight a free man. Nixon Hanley has been on our radar a long time so if he cooperates I see no reason we couldn't try to work something out with the judge,  but that isn't up to me."

I nodded understanding. Blaine hugged me tight and kissed me softly. "I guess this is goodbye Brooke." He looked sad as he spoke

I wiped a tear off his cheek and smiled. "Guess it's my turn to wait for you."

"I'd never ask you to do that. Live your life. Keep my apartment and go to college. Even if I get put away. I want you to be happy."

"Blaine you make me happy, and as you said, this will be worth the wait. I love you and I will wait for you forever if I have to." I kissed his cheek and the officer led him away. "Goodbye for now Blaine King. I'll see you soon."

"I hope you're right Brooke Sinner."

A/N: There will only be one more chapter of this book guys!! It seems crazy that I've almost finished another book already. They say everyone has a novel in them but apparently I have a few lol. I hope you've enjoyed this one it was kind of different for me. I thought I could've done better in places but hey it's all about growing as a writer for me. Thank you for the love and support as always I don't know what I would do without you. My next book is called Bad Boy Cliché and is up on my page now if you want to add it to your library's!!