Chapter 1: His Birthday

Songs for the chapter:

Don't forget-Demi Lovato

Miss Movin'On-Fifth Harmony

Drive-Vanessa Hudgens

________________________________________________

(Brooke)

February 1st, I don't like this day at all. Anything of him, the smallest memory of him breaks my heart into million pieces. He was the love of my life,my first love. I can't stop thinking about him, he's always in my mind, not that I still love... I don't know...I don't think so,I moved on with my life,I'm the one who broke up with him so that he could continue living his dream. Still there are things we just can't forget , today is his 20th birthday. No contact for one year,I'm not gonna call or text him, in fact I deleted his number,twitter...whatever about him it's out of him in my life,except one thing,this cute little thing,the best thing that ever happened to me,my cute ten months old daughter Darcy, She's my only reason to stay alive,I love her so much,I live alone in my appartment with my baby,mom and dad left me when I told them I was pregnant. Darcy's my only family left. Suddently I heard Darcy crying,she must be hungry. I went to her room carrying her in my arms rubbing her back walking in the kitchen. I grabbed her milk bottle and fed her.

"You hungry baby?"I asked her sweetly. I noticed her hair started to grow and couldn't help but notice that she had her father's curls in addition of his green eyes. Looking at her makes me even more sad. She makes me think about him. To divert my mind,I put on the tv and watch E! News. One news stunned me.

"Today is One Direction's teen hottie Harry Styles' 20th birthday but the Story Of My Life singer doesn't seemed so excited and not so cheeky. His bandmates Louis Tomlinson,Zayn Malik,Niall Horan and Liam Payne are planning a big party for Harry's birthday but birthday boy said he wasn't in a mood of a party, what is happening in the 1D mansion? Is Harry having a private party away from paps or is he serious about no party at all??"

I was shocked and heartbroken at the same time. Harry,not in a mood for party? That's new and seeing him not smiling is something really really new. I don't believe the news at all, I'm sure he must have a private party or busy with a lot of girls. Wait,why the hell do I care? I shouldn't , all I care is to be here for my beautiful baby girl. When she was done with her milk,she made the usual small baby cute noise. I kept the bottle aside and cuddled Darcy in my arms.

"I love you Darcy,more than anything"I wispered to her ear,she looked at me smiling with her dimples,so much like her father. Stop it Brooke! Then the bell rang ,I opened the door and it was Kayla. Woah it's already 8 in the morning, I have to get to work. I was pregnant during my last semester of college, now I'm working in dad's office, I don't like accounts but it's the only job I can get to survive and raise my daughter. I can very well start a music career, guess why I don't want to...Harry! I may work at my dad's office but he doesn't talk to me, like I don't exist. But the bright side is that I have my bestfriend Alice with me.

Alice is the only one who knows about Harry and me, she was there for me during my pregnancy, I owe her a lot, I'm so glad to have her in my life.

"Brooke! You're gonna be late for work, give her to me!"Kayla told me as I gave her Darcy in her arms. Soon as she left my arms, she started crying.

"Shh its ok mommy will come back after work.Don't cry Darcy!"Kayla told my daughter softly. I went to my room quickly wore a white full sleeve shirt and black jeans and black flats. Kissed my daughter goodbye and drove to work.

I put on the radio and Best Song Ever started playing so I immediatel turned it off. A year ago, I was all about Harry, One Direction, now it's all gone. At work, it was fine, work distract me from thinking about Harry. But today there was Natalie who came to me,Alice,Tiffany and Emily with a sort of card.

"Hey girls, did you see the news?"Natalie asked us.

"What?"Tiffany asked her.

"Well it's Harry Styles' birthday today and he's not happy!!"Natalie said, hearing his name I was getting nervous, Alice who is the only one who knows it all squeezed my hand.

"So?"I said quickly.

"Well I thought we could send him this birthday card, so all of you wish him and sign!"Natalie said. Woah woah, I'm not in contact with Harry for one year, it doesn't matter if I don't wish him. Alice and the others signed, then my turn, I looked at Alice worried. I know what you must be thinking, I didnt tell him I was pregnant of his baby so I shouldnt complain but I had no choice, it was stupid I know if I could rewind the time and redo I would be glad.

"Don't worry, there's a lot of girls named Brooke, just a wish!"Alice told me, I trust her so I wrote simply:

Happy Birthday Harry

Wasn't as hard as I thought! Who cares? I just wrote Brooke! He won't think it is me Brooke Evans his ex girlfriend, I'm sure he moved on and he must be really happy not like the tv said, to me Harry not happy on his birthday is bullshit!

After that the day was ok, I was working as usual,filling papers, files...chatting with Alice.

"Brooke, how's Darcy?"Alice asked me. She loves Darcy a lot.

"Great, she's got his hair now! It hurts me sometimes!"I told her she put her hand on my shoulder. Yeah my fault I know, I deserved that.

"Aww forget it , Darcy will be a very beautiful girl! You know why? Because her mommy is so beautiful!"Alice said and I smiled.

"You think I did the right thing? To leave him?"I asked her softly.

"Well it was stupid decision but maybe it was for the best!"She said.

"Right thanks"I told her hugging her.

"Hey, I'm always here for you!!"She said. If it wasn't for Alice, I wouldn't be alive or strong enough to raise Darcy. It's good for me that I didn't tell Harry about Darcy but I don't think it's good for Darcy to grow without a father. I 'm not so rich to spoil her like I want to. She'll have only my support, Alice too but it's not blood family right? Suddently my phone rang with the name Kayla! Is Darcy ok?

"Kayla? Is Darcy ok?"I asked her.

"Yeah she's perfectly, I called you because you have to see what she's done!"Kayla said. What did my one year old baby done?

"Kayla is she hurt?"I asked her worried.

"No don't worry, she's fine! Just come please!"She said and cut the call. I left work and went in my car driving fast home.

At home, I heard gigglings, both Kayla and Darcy. Kayla made Darcy sit on her baby seat on the table. Darcy was smiling a lot today.

"Hey baby girl! you ok?"I asked Darcy sweetly and what came next really stunned me. I had tears falling from my eyes.

(A/N: How's it?? Shoutout to @justcookiemonster for the super cute cover!! Love it so much!!! Btw, Brooke's friend Alice is portrayed by Selena Gomez)