Chapter 15 - "Got it. Avoid eye contact."

"Hey!" Lennon said happily, getting into Kade's car the next day.

"What's that?" He asked, eyeing the white box in her hand.

"Nothing," she said.

She quickly put it down by her feet and covered it with her purse.

"Lennon," he said.

"Kade."

"Could this be one of your infamous party gifts?"

She gave him a coy smile.

"Maybe."

He shook his head and pulled out onto the road.

"You're in a chipper mood," he said.

"It's amazing what sleep will do for you" she joked.

Lennon looked over at Kade as he drove, studying what he was wearing.

"What?" He asked when he became aware that her eyes were on him.

"I wasn't sure what to wear," she said, looking down at her own casual outfit.

As they came to a stop light he looked over to see what she was wearing.

"You look fine," he said simply. "It should be pretty casual. Besides, with your present you don't have to worry about it."

She laughed.

"Thanks. So what should I know before we arrive at this beach party?"

He thought about it.

"I don't know. What do you want to know?"

"Will any of your ex-girlfriends be there?"

He let out a surprised laugh.

"Why? Are you the jealous kind?"

"No but I've heard Hollywood girls can be vicious. I just wanna know if I need to bring out my boxing gloves."

"They can give killer looks but I think the gloves can stay in the car."

"Got it. Avoid eye contact."

"No ex-girlfriends but probably some girls I've been involved with."

Lennon gave him a quick glance but decided she didn't want to know more.

"You will also want to avoid a few people," he continued. "I can point them out, but whatever you say to them tends to end up on the gossip sites the next day."

"Seriously? Does Will know? Why would he invite them?"

"He knows. We keep them around because they can come in handy. Like when we want to feed the press false info or let them know about something without telling them directly."

"So, like you and me?" She asked.

"Exactly. Tomorrow there will be some quote from an exclusive source that talks about how adorable we are."

"Duh, have you seen how cute I am?"

"I think they will mainly be talking about me," he said.

They drove along the coast for a while, the sun low in the sky, causing the water to turn a white gold. They reached a gated community and checked in at the security booth. The houses doubled in size instantly. There were cars lining the street as Kade slowed and pulled into a circular driveway.

"I thought this was a beach house," Lennon said, studying the two story house.

"What would you call it?" Kade asked as he stopped the car.