Chapter 49 - "We'll travel the world."

"Ok," Kade said, standing abruptly.

Lennon clumsily slide from his lap and caught herself before she tumbled to the floor.

"You should go," he said.

Lennon watched, confused, as Kade pulled out his phone as he quickly walked away.

"What happened to the best date ever?" Lennon questioned as she got off the floor and followed him. "Now you're kicking me out?"

Kade laughed.

"Sorry. I should probably finish my sentences," he said. "Come here."

He took Lennon's hand and led her down the hallway towards his room.

"Kade," she said, giving him a suspicious look. "What type of girl do you take me for?"

He gave her a coy look.

"I know exactly what type of girl you are," he said smugly.

He kissed her cheek.    

"That's why I'm going to leave you," he said.

"Leave me?"

"I need a little bit of time to get something ready."

"What?" Lennon asked, stepping closer to him.

He gave her a flat look.

"You could just tell me. Better yet, let me help," she said.

She wrapped her arms around him. She could tell he was going to say no so she kissed him before he could. He tried to pull away, but Lennon held on tight. He quickly gave up the fight and kissed her back. Lennon thought she was victorious until he scooped her up and plopped her onto the bed.

"Nice try," he said, giving her knowing smile. "Wait here."

"This better be worth it!" she called after him.

He paused by the door, giving her a playful smile and left.

Lennon had barely had time to find her choice of distraction before Kade was back in the room. He climbed onto his bed and pulled her into his arms, seemingly instantly engrossed in the game she was playing.

"So?" she prompted when he didn't speak.

"Yes?" he said.

"Kade."

"Lennon."

"Is there a reason you made me wait in here or was this just a slick way of getting me into your bed?"

"That was not my intention at all," he said innocently. "You were the one who just informed me you don't kiss just anybody, so I'm fixing that."

Before Lennon could answer, the doorbell rang, pulling both of their attention down the hall.

"Who is that?" Lennon asked.

Kade laughed and shook his head as he got off the bed. Lennon quickly scampered after him. She peeked over his shoulder as he opened the door and revealed a squat man carrying a large plastic bag and a drink tray.

"Mr. Matthews?" he asked.

"Yes. Thank you so much," Kade said, trading the man for the bag and tray in exchange for a few folded bills.

"Here, let me help," Lennon said.

She eagerly took the bag from Kade and peered in. A rich aroma met her and she suddenly felt ravenous.

"This smells amazing!" she said.

She set the bag on the counter and pulled styrofoam containers out.