His Job.

Comment some of your favourite Nasheed's!! :) they can be of any sort! Preferably vocal only ones.

Enjoy, vote and comment. Xx

.....

After thirty minutes of trying to get back to work, I realised that both Bella and Kyle were right. I needed to get home and rest, but after looking at the time, I realised that I only had about forty minutes left anyway.

Zaid had left. When I went back to taking orders, I saw him standing outside through the glass of the restaurant. He looked at me and we made eye contact but I made sure to look away immediately.

After another half hour of working, I signed out of work and said bye to everyone, thanking Bella and Kyle once again as I left the building and got into my car.

Normally when I got home from work, I'd go into the kitchen, check if Jessica made food, which was hardly ever, and cook for dinner. However, today I really couldn't see myself slaving away in the kitchen for hours so instead, I went straight up to my room, smiling as I saw my babies sleeping on the bed.

I changed out of my uniform and got into bed, feeling the tears that I had managed to hold in for a while fall freely down my cheeks as I hugged my babies, inhaling their scents.

I sniffled and continuously wiped away the wetness from my cheeks over and over as they continued to fall.

I still couldn't believe it. After so many years, I had just newly accepted life without him and now he came here, thinking that he's got the right to turn my life upside down. I felt like it was all a night...Nightmare? The word wasn't falling off my lips as easy as I would've hoped it would.

Zaid and nightmare could never be said in the same sentence. It just wasn't right. He was perfect in every way possible.

The short year I spent with him was one of the absolute best years of my life. All of our memories were engraved into my mind heart and soul and were forever going to stay there.

Yet the day he got up and left me without a word was the day I broke. Completely fell apart. For so long I didn't know what to do with my life. I had no hope in this world. I was in a never ending cycle of depression. Every time it felt like I was finally beginning to be my old self again, I would see something or remember a memory and fall right back into the trap over and over again.

It was only after I gave birth to my blessings that I finally gathered enough courage to let him go completely and try to be happy with my babies.

It was only me and them and I was okay with that.

For a whole two years, 730 damn days I had hope that he might return, that maybe for some odd reason he might miss me and come back and we would be able to raise our children together, but I was wrong and I only realised after the second anniversary of him leaving me.

My children weren't going to have a dad, but I would be enough for them inshaAllah.

I still remember the day he left me like it was yesterday.

~flashback~

I shut my eyes, laying on my side with my hand tucked under my pillow as I tried to sleep. We had just gone to bed after praying Isha and right as I felt myself drifting out of consciousness Zaid called my name.

"Sumi?" He whispered. "Habibti, are you awake?"

I turned around to face him, only being able to make out his bright eyes in the dark with the little bit of moonlight seeping through the curtain. "What's wrong?" I asked.