His Reason.

This is the last chapter of any of my stories that I'll be updating for the next 2 months!

I do not want to be held accountable on the Day of Judgement for people reading my story instead of spending time worshipping Allah by reading qur'an performing dhikr, praying salah, memorizing surah's.....especially in Ramadan. So, I'm taking this opportunity to warn you lot yet again for the sake of Allah.

Delete Wattpad.

Focus on you and your religion during Ramadan.

Go check my latest chapter on my story 'Your Hijab Story' where I posted a chapter titled 'Ramadan Preparations' where I gave guidelines/tips in order for you to InshaaAllah use you Ramadan wisely and spend the month in worship!
So go check that out :)

Enjoy the chapter :) xxx

|||||

He looked deep into my eyes, my heart pounding in my chest as I finally, after five years got the answer to the only important question I had ever wanted to ask him. Why?

He spoke. "I had cancer."

My heart plummeted. I looked at him, not knowing whether or not to believe him but as always, his eyes didn't leave me another option other than to believe him.

"W-what?" I stuttered softly, my eyes falling to my lap as I tried to take in and absorb the new information.

He cursed to himself, turning his body away from me and leaning his forehead on the steering wheel, his hands clenching around the sides of it as he exhaled.

He took a deep breath and lifted his head off the steering wheel, facing out the window. "A month before I left you, I fainted at work then at my mums house. I woke up in the hospital and found out I had cancer. Leukaemia. My bone marrow was 97% cancerous. They said I didn't have much time to live because it was discovered so late. They said one to three months, if I was lucky." He took a deep breath in and out before turning to me. "I didn't care though. I wasn't worried for myself." He told me.

"You went to the doctors and all the tests without me!?" I stammered in shock. How could he keep something like that from me?

"I had to." He said sadly. "The only thing that came into my mind when he told me was you, Sumayya. Wallah I didn't even care about myself or the fact that I was dying. I knew that it would kill you once I died and so I did the next best thing. I left." He shrugged, running a hand through his hair in frustration as he looked for the right words to explain his thought process to me. "I figured that if I died, you wouldn't be able to move on with your life and you would grieve my loss."

"And you thought I wouldn't if you just left!?" I yelled, understanding his reasoning, tears running down my eyes.

"I thought that if I left you would eventually end up hating me for leaving you and then you'd eventually move on, okay!?" He yelled back. "As much as the thought killed me, I thought that if I left, you'd hate me and then..." He took a deep breath. "Then you'd get married to someone else and be happy." He sighed.

"What happened to the cancer?" I asked him.

"I didn't die, clearly. The cancer spread slowly for a whole year. I had daily regimen of chemotherapy and blood and platelet transfusions. I lost 30 kilos in five months, lost all my hair. I was waiting on death to come, but by the will of Allah, it never did. Two years later everything started getting better. They found a suitable bone marrow donor and the cancer was gone around this time last year." He looked at me, his eyes scanning over my features as he watched my every move.