His Call.

As I saw Kyle approaching the car I sucked in a breath and inspected his face. Thankfully I couldn't see any marks, cuts or splits.

His body did seem rigid though and his shoulders were taut as he came to the driver seat door and opened it. "Get out." He said. I raised my eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him with a scoff.

"Get out, Sumayya!" He said, narrowing his eyes at me. "I'm not letting you drive in that mood."

I scoffed yet again, narrowing my eyes back at him. "Like your mood is any better than mine." I countered and Lydia sighed loudly in the passenger seat.

"Both of you move! I'm in the best state and I am in no mood for an argument." She said, getting out of the passenger seat and pushing past Kyle as she dragged me out of the car by my arm.

She sat in the driver seat and Kyle sat shotgun whilst I was now stuck in the back seat of my own bloody car. Nice.

"I can't believe this." Kyle muttered to himself and I looked at his seat, only seeing his shoulders from the gaps and sides of the cushioned seat.

"Believe what, Kyle?" I asked him, pretending like I had absolutely no idea what he was referring to.

"How you even found yourself tangled up in a situation with that guy!" He said, his palm hitting the dashboard as he raised his voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Kyle. I wasn't aware that you knew the whole story!"

"I don't! But I did know you to be smarter than to go for a guy like him."

"You guys..." Lydia trailed off, breaking through the screaming match with her quiet voice. "I don't know what's going on or why the both of you just changed moods suddenly, but please, can you talk about it once you're both calm. I don't want you guys to offend each other or argue."

I sighed, nodding my head as I agreed with her. "Sorry...both of you, for ruining the day." I said.

"You didn't ruin it." Lydia said, shaking her head. "I really enjoyed it actually. We'll take a second chance for it some other time." She said as she chuckled and I gave her a small smile through the rear view mirror before glancing at Kyle who sat silently in the passenger seat, gazing out the window.

I didn't say anything, instead, watching the trees slide by at fairly slow speeds. Yep, this trip was going to be torture for my usually speedy driving self.

The whole ride I spent wondering who the girl next to Zaid was. They were clearly close. Very close.

Zaid had two sisters, one was only 14 when I last saw her and she would've been about twenty now...maybe it was her?

But she must've changed drastically for it to be her as I couldn't make a connection whatsoever.

I rubbed my forehead, easing the frowning lines as I felt my head pound.

Maybe he had a milk-sibling? One that he never told me about....

Who was it....

We had neared Kyle's house when I heard my phone ring in my bag, snapping me out of my thoughts. Taking it out, I saw Justin's name on the screen and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hey."

"What's up, sis?" He asked.

"Not much, just went out for coffee with some friends now we're heading back."