16 - Insatiable (pt.1)

"I still hate this plan." I grumbled as Scott helped Stiles into the room. I could feel the pain intensifying the closer he got and, for a moment, believed what he had said, or hadn't, the previous night. He looked like he was dying, and felt it too. I wanted to run forward and test the all powerful abilities that i was supposed to possess but i stayed still after receiving a glare from Noshiko, who clearly knew my idea. 

"Do you recognise me?" Noshiko began, to which Stiles gave a small nod, shaking off Scott.

"Stop!" Kira pleaded, entering the room from behind her mother.

"It's okay," Stiles tried to assure her and all of us. In all honesty, i think he believed it, because he seemed to be telling the truth. Although i think it may have been that he didn't want to live if he wasn't really back to normal, and thus didn't care what the outcome was. "I'm the one that asked her to come." Kira shook her head 

"You're the one that's going to get stabbed with swords! Mom don't do this to him!" She pleaded but i knew Noshiko's answer before she gave it

"It's already done." Around the room large black figures materialised, surrounding Stiles. One of them grabbed is neck whilst the other held him still. I gasped audibly as a reflex and had to cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from trying to stop it. Despite this, i quickly had to move my hand to the back of my own ear where the now-faded 5 burned like it was new. I winced but kept quiet until Stiles was dropped to the floor, shaking violently, and the Oni disappeared. I rushed forward with the others.

 "Check behind his ear." Noshiko instructed. Scott pushed back his earlobe to reveal the familiar sign of self, a backwards 5, on Stiles's skin. 

"Am i actually me?" Stiles asked hopefully, the pain radiating from him again

"More you than Nogitsune."

"Can the Oni find him?" He asked, again with hope soaking his words but fear lacing them

"Tomorrow Night, It's too close to dawn now." I felt Stiles's defeat as he shook his head 

"Can they kill him?" I stopped listening by mistake, my mind swirling with possible outcomes for the event we were striving towards, the Nogitsune's death. On one hand, he may die and we all live happily ever after. Unlikely. Or, Stiles could die when he does. Or we could all die in the process. Either way i felt as though something was going to go terribly wrong. As i became less aware of the events around me i felt Stiles's pain increase. I blinked quickly, reacquainting myself with reality as i heard my name. 

"But why would he want the powers of a Banshee rather than Freya, an Empath?" Scott asked. I looked at him, urging him to continue. "She's supposed to be able to heal any wound right? Even fatal ones, so why wouldn't he take her if he is scared of death?" 

"I wouldn't be able to do it." I began and everyone's eyes turned to me. Stiles gave me a look full of guilt and i knew he could remember everything. "Deaton said that to heal someone, if it's a particularly bad injury or illness, i have to really want to do it. As in, because my powers that i now apparently have are linked to closely with emotions, you can't force an Empath to heal someone, i just wouldn't be able to." 

"The Nogitsune is ancient," Noshiko continued "He would know of these things. Lydia may have been chosen out of convenience as she was by the door or there could be more. We need to find her as soon as we can." Mumbles of agreement that sounded a bit like 'well obviously we need to find her' were heard around the room and everyone, except Stiles and myself, moved to the kitchen to consider options. Stiles carefully manoeuvred his body to lay with his face to the ceiling and feet drawn up so his knees were raised and i, following his movements, did the same until i was lying next to him, knees drawn up in a similar fashion. I turned my head slightly to face him only to find that he was already looking at me.