Chapter Seven

"Really, Rob?" I tilted my head at him, "That's really not how you work a microwave." I stated, shoving myself next to him, trying to get closer to the microwave as I leant over the counter and pressed the undo button.

I laughed at his baffled expression, and took the wrapped waffles from his hands. He cocked his head to the side, "It said on the instructions that--"

"--that you're meant to cook them after removing the packaging!" I interrupted, throwing my hands in the air, to make a more prominent point. "Check your glasses prescription, Robby." I chuckled, ripping the waffles from the wrappers and placing them into the microwave.

"Ooh, well sorry I don't live here." He challenged back, jokingly. Cheekily grinning at me.

"You may not live here, it still doesn't mean that you can work a microwave without burning a house to the ground!" I turned to him, a giant smile on my face, "Let alone mine."

He laughed, and hobbled to the kitchen's island, and plonked down onto a stool. "When will they be ready?" He whined, glance at me, "I am a growing boy, Gabby, I need sustenance."

I rolled my eyes at his little antics, checking the timer in the microwave, "Two minutes. Calm yourself." I mocked.

It had been a few days since the while ordeal with Adam, and since then the whole of the student body have been totally puzzled to why he's been here so often. And so suddenly as well.

But I knew.

He kept turning up at the school, watching me at every glance. It was unsettling to say the least. He wouldn't do anything, nor make any move to talk to me, just stand there.

Just stand and stare.

The timer on the microwave binged, which caused Rob to burst into a grin, "Yay." He exclaimed quietly more to himself than to me.

I grinned, and put the two on a plate, in front of Rob, who demolished the first one in ten seconds flat. "It's hot, you know." I stated, watching his face contort into pain. He nodded, unable to speak with the amount of waffle in him mouth.

I let mine cool down first.

  After finishing our breakfast, I followed him out the house, thankful that he offered to drive me into school, not thankful for the breakfast carnage he left in my kitchen after the waffles.

  In first period, everything was going so smoothly, until through the silence that had surrounded me, I heard the muttered gossip, and shocked gasps.

  "Why do you think Adam Valentino is back in school?" Someone whispered, and the scratching of pens on paper quickly deceased.

  A new voice joined the conversation, as the teacher kept bellowing words in German to the class, "I heard that he came to finish what was started with Jayden--"

  "I'll bet 20 that Jayden gets knocked on his ass again." The whispered rose.

  "Nah!" Someone else scoffed, "I bet 25 that Jayden's had enough of Valentino's bull, he's not gonna let it happen again."

  "Be real. Adam didn't even try last time. Jayden's gonna get murdered like the last ones." A female spoke.

  "Oh, come on, Kathy, you know that's just bullshit rumours, Valentino probably started to make himself sound hard."