Chapter Nineteen

WARNING: IF YOU ARENT OKAY WITH VIOLENCE AND BLOOD DONT READ THE END... BUT IT IS KINDA A BIG DEAL... but do what makes you comfortable.

Overall word count so far: 25,021

[UNEDITED]

  Jimmy let go of my hand, delicately, and chuckled, "He's been comin' here all his life, and not once have I ever seen a girl with him." He paused, looking me over, "You must be very special." He murmured.

  Adam sighed, as Jimmy turned to him, "Next time you bring her 'round here, don't do it in school hours, Kiddo." With a quick swoop of his hand, he reached up and smacked the back of Adam's head.

  Adam released a startled 'omfph', and grabbed the back of his head, harshly throwing a glare at Jimmy.

  Jimmy ignored it and rolled his eyes, ushering us over to a secluded booth which had my palms sweating.

  We sat down, opposite one another. So close, that I worried if I made a wrong move my knees would brush against his, the thought alone sent chills up my spine.

  Jimmy pulls out a pad, and Adam begins, "I'll have the usual," his voice was gruff and husky, as he looked towards me quickly, "and she'll have the same."

  I looked over at him in shock, for one, I didn't have any money, and two, I didn't know what on Earth he was ordering for me.

  Before I could argue, he asked for a dessert menu and Jimmy was off.

  I stared at him in astonishment. "I don't have any money." I stated, throwing my hands off the table and onto my lap, twiddling my thumbs.

  What shocked me next was the hearty laugh that bubbled out of his lips.

  It was the second time today I had heard Adam laugh, and each time I thought it wouldn't happen again. But today has just been stocked full of surprises.

  He leant back, his neck pressed up against the red material, and my face flushed a crimson red, knowing that he was laughing at me.

  "What?" I snapped, trying not to be so hurt at his reaction to my statement.

  I wasn't poor, not a bit. Although, Adam's family's wealth was a well known throughout this town, seeing as his great-great-great-blah-blah-grandfather was the founder of this town. The Valentino's were quite famous, and rich.

  No doubt Adam probably thought I was poor too.

  I rolled my eyes at him and was ready to leave the diner, and walk home as he leaned forward again, his laughter caught in his throat, as he rested his elbows on the table and pointed to Jimmy.

  "You see that man, Sunshine?" He asked sarcastically. I nodded, plainly. "His name is Jimmy." He paused for a moment.

  "I know that."

  He looked at me, and sighed.

  "Well, you see, Sunshine, the diner is called 'Jimmy's Diner'. I'm going to assume you can connect the dots from here."

  My face slowly flushed a brighter red, I shook my head and began plotting the means to bury myself in a hole.

  And die, of course.