Chapter Twenty-Five

{UNEDITED}

I placed my hands on my hips in front of him, I hadn't ever seen anyone high before, nor have I been high myself, which isn't so surprising and in all honestly looking at the way Adam was now, I didn't think I would ever want to. Being so, after half and hour of Adam being miserable and staring at the wall in complete silence I was sure I was at my breaking point.

The gentle, white lights in my room created a warm aura surrounding us, inflicting the appearance of an angelic ghost onto the shadows and dips of Adam's face. The sun was sleeping, tucked away in the horizon of darkness, hidden were the glorious shades of amber and crimson and replacing them, a deep blue darkness.

I had closed the curtains a while ago, when Adam opened the window and had swung a single leg out. Time after time I would drag him back over to the bed and sit him down, but time and time again he would climb back up and wander somewhere else.

"Adam." I said, defeat laced in my voice.

He looked up at me, blinking slowly as he sat on the edge of the bed. His back, which was hunched over but now stood pin-straight, popped as he moved closer to me.

Before I could even register what was happening, he had placed his hands in a vice grip on my waist, sending a kaleidoscope of butterflies charging like an army into my stomach. Fruitlessly, I tried to pull away but his hands were locks around my waist, helplessly, I felt my breathing accelerate as tingles trailed down my spine.

"You're beautiful."

For a split second I was positive I had misheard him, "What?" I spluttered, sweat building on my palms.

He looked behind me suddenly, his eyes glazed in a haze, "I said, your dog is beautiful."

I shook my head in confusion, successfully pulling away from him and turning around. What was with this boy and dogs? I followed his gaze to a pile of clothes strewn in the corner of my small room.

"I don't have a dog." I returned, kicking the pile of clothes under my bed and for a moment, I took immense pleasure in watching Adam's face contort into one of pure horror as he was still delusional whilst thinking I had just kicked my dog, however, seconds later the expression morphed into one of confusion.

All of a sudden, the it was swept off his face, leaving behind a freakishly attractive grin. His eyes began to glaze over again as I took some steps away from him.

"I'm hungry." He stated, blinking rapidly. I shook my head, deciding to make him something to eat.

I took a moment to just look at Adam, trying to decipher whether it was a good or bad idea to feed him or not. A wave of complete helplessness washed over my fragile figure and I was struck with a feeling of absolute incapability. I hadn't done this before, Jimmy's decision wasn't thought through at all and I wasn't capable of helping him. I am patient, and I could easily just wait it out but what was I supposed to do if he needed food, or if he got sick again.

It sounded completely stupid and ignorant but I had absolutely no idea what to do with him.

"Lets go get some food then." I said, surely some food wouldn't hurt.

I googled it just to be sure anyway.

When we got to the kitchen, I turned to him, "So what do you want?" I asked, but was clearly shocked to see his head deep and descending into all the shelves within my fridge.

"Adam?"

His head hit the top of a shelf as he flinched, and my stomach twisted in knots as I stifled a laugh. He pulled himself out, grumbling and rubbing his black locks. "Yes." He groaned, blinking at me rapidly.