Chapter Eight

"Uh-huh. And how's that?" I challenged, tilting my head to the side, scanning through the fields of darkness attempting to find an inch of him. I didn't know where this new-found confidence had suddenly bloomed from, but I had a feeling it was to do with the adrenaline poisoning my veins.

I saw a flash of his white teeth contrasting violently against the harsh black that enclosed us. I watched him as my eyes adjusted to the sudden change in light. He smirked, crossing his large arms around his torso.

"Follow me." He commanded, before swirling around on his heels and starting to take long strides away from me.

I groaned inwardly at his antics, wanting to slap myself for even checking the window this late at night, my feet jolted slightly, willing me to catch up with him as soon as I can.

But then I stop.

  My hand jutted out and grasped onto the door frame. I stop. Dread washing away the colour from my face. I glanced down, only now noticing my horrific pyjamas.

  Truly horrifying.

  I ignored my disorientated state and shook it off, realising Adam was quickly getting further and further away.

  I quickly slipped on my trainers, not bothering to tie them up, and made a sprint towards his direction. I knew he wouldn't have been happy if I had just ditched him, he wouldn't have been happy. No, he would've been furious.

  Glancing at his broody expression, I knew he wasn't one for testing anytime soon. I slowed my pace, so I was a bit behind him. I knew I was definitely pushing my luck, so I found myself quieting down, my confidence slowly deteriorating, as I trailed a metre away from him.

  Subconsciously, and I would call this a bad habit, I plunged myself into different scenarios, planning every detail of every individual outcome for the evening. Most of them ended with me dying.

I really hoped that wasn't the case.

It was deadly silent as he guided me, he never looked back I see if I was following him, then again, I was 99% sure my heavy footing could be heard for miles around. Especially in the tense atmosphere we were engulfed in.

In what felt like no time at all, he stopped, startling me as I stumbled to catch my altered footing. For the first time all night, his rich, brown eyes glanced at me, cocking an eyebrow, he didn't say anything. He brushed past me, our shoulders bumped lightly as he did so sending a flurry of shivers down my spine.

    I shook my head, trying to shake off the unfamiliar feeling. My head snapped towards him, my blonde hair was thrown upwards it the light breeze, I observed him as he moved leaves and vines off the ground.

  I opened my mouth, "What are you-"

  Pausing, I squinted, faintly making out a silhouette on the ground.

  Adam glanced back at me, before lugging the motorbike off the ground and untangling it from the contorted shrubs. I shook my head and took a few steps back. I looked at him weirdly, at his unusual hiding place but decided not to question him about it.

  "I'm not getting on that." I stated, staring at him incredulously.

  A gust of air blew out his mouth in a humorous huff, "I could always tie you to the back and drag you along the road?" He offered, staring at me with a blank, yet intimidatingly serious expression.