015: i n - p e r s o n

She knew it was stupid that she was crying over this but by now it was too late to stop it. Instead she focused on cleaning, determined to make a somewhat presentable apartment for Joseph to walk into and hopefully not Luke. With a sigh, she glanced at her phone. The group chats were going off at her. None of them knew what Luke had been like during their relationship and now they'd all melted down into varying states of shock and disbelief thinking they were back together. She hadn't even spoken to Ian since this all started up again.

35 texts from Brother Bear
9 missed calls from Brother Bear

74 texts from The Girls
1 missed call from Nina Beana
2 missed calls from Candy Land
1 missed call from Claire Bear

6 texts from Daniel Fish Gills
19 texts from Pawel Tomasz Wasilewski
2 texts from Buzzzzzz

12 texts from Momma Bear
7 missed calls from Momma Bear

57 messages from [blocked user]
17 missed calls from unknown number

She sighed tossing the phone aside and deciding to deal with it in the morning. Tonight she's already managed to get her ex knocking down her door and ruined Joseph's image of her. She's had enough.

A knock sounded on her door, bringing a smile to her lips. Joseph was here. She stood up walking towards the door, stopping only when the knock came again. First once, then a second time until the person was pounding on her door. Okay, not JoMo, she thought.

"Cyn, come on, open up the door! It's me." Luke practically yelled, she knew that tone and god she feared it. He was angry. Furious, really.

Tears pricked at her eyes as she reached for her phone, flicking Jo a text to let him know Luke had beat him there. He didn't reply, not that she was expecting him to, he was probably driving.

"Mate, what do you think you're doing?" A voice, which she instantly recognised as Joseph's said. Cynthia wasn't sure if she was relieved or not, of course she didn't want Jo to get hurt because of her and Luke definitely had at least half a foot on him.

"Of course you're here." Luke grumbled, followed by something that sounded like he'd called you a slut.

She wasn't sure what happened next. Somebody threw a punch, though even later on she wouldn't know who, followed by another before Luke swore loudly.

"Whatever man. She's not worth it. Get out while you can." Luke said angrily and Cynthia almost chuckled. That was rich coming from him. She paused before opening the door, partially worried that Joseph wouldn't be there even though it was logistically impossible. Cynthia liked him and though it was stupid, she didn't want him to leave. She opened the door finally, hoping she didn't look like a mess.

Joseph's eye looked slightly swollen already and her stomach churned knowing that it was entirely her fault. He smiled, pretending to be unfazed by the whole thing.

"You should see the other guy." Joseph finally said, smiling despite the throbbing of his face.

She didn't know what to say so she just threw her arms around him, startling him for a moment before he hugged her back.

"I'm so sorry Jo." She whispered.

"It's okay Thea Bea." Joseph murmured and she smiled noticing the name for the first time.