Chapter 14

All three of us talked about a plan. I had to leave early though because I had to go to my last training session! Yes! My aunt said that they went quicker than expected. We were now meeting at an underwater cave. She told me where to go. Let's just say, it was deep. I swam into the cave, it was just wow. It was covered with shining crystals, bioluminescent fish, and gems buried in the walls. It was amazing. I saw my aunt patiently waiting on a rock.
"So you finally decided to show up?" She asked.
"Yes, yes I did." I replied.
"Let's go, the quicker, the better." We swam in and started training. I'm just gonna skip over all the boring stuff and go straight to the end. If your curious, all it was practicing my power, taking an oath, and then a ceremony. So, on with the ceremony. It was basically my aunt granting me/telling me I'm a "true mermaid." It's kinda hard to explain.
"I have a gift for you." My aunt cheered.
"What?!" I beamed.
"This," she said as she handed me a beautiful box. It was about the size of a small jewelry box and was bedazzled with shells, pearls, and other precious treasures that are found deep in the sea. There was a little kelp bow that wrapped around it. I carefully unwrapped the bow and looked inside. Inside was a beautiful necklace. It was on a gold chain and had a small crystal hanging on it. There was a charm of a mermaid silhouette and circle with something engraved in it.
Congratulations on passing!
Mermaid kisses, Aunt Sage
"Thanks, Aunt Sage! I love it!" I said.
"No problem, you deserve it." I put it on my neck. We both started swimming back up to the surface. We transformed and started walking back home.
"Heidi, you go on. I gotta take this call." My aunt said. I nodded and started to walk....well, kinda.
"You don't think they'll find out, do you?" My aunt whispered into the phone. I started recording the audio on my phone.
"I guess, I-I don't really know. Just, you know the deal. I have to go, if I take to long, my niece will get suspicious." My aunt mumbled. She hung up and put her phone back in her pocket. Ohmygod, what the heck! Who was she talking to? And what does "you know the deal" mean? I'm gonna have to sleep on it. I'll tell Luke and Briar tomorrow at school.
......
"Guys, guys, guys!" I yelled spastically as I sat down at the lunch table. They looked at me.
"Important, very important!" They exchanged glances. That's what they do when they are questioning my sanity. I get that a lot from these two, especially from Briar.
"I overheard my aunt talking on the phone and she said the weirdest things." I informed them. They opened they're mouths to talk but I cut in.
"She said something-actually just listen." I took out my phone and it started to play. It played the same thing that I heard the previous evening.
"So, what your saying, is that your aunt is somehow and in someway weaved into this," Briar started.
"No, she's just ordering a pizza. Of course I am! Actually, no. We don't have any proof or anything. What if it's her job or something."
"Heidi, your aunt is a teacher. Your basically saying: 'My aunt who is a teacher is talking to her co-workers about school. Let's go math! Whoohoo!'" Briar mocked.
"Now that you say it like that-"
"Hey, we don't know! Just, be aware." Luke stated. We nodded in agreement. Yeah it was suspicious. But, can my aunt really be an evil mastermind?
Bzzt Bzzt

Meet me after school by the outdoor pool.

Got it, Brayden. Is it important?

Eh, I guess. Idk, just be there.

I need to tell u something too, see u there. Bye.

Bye.

"Who was that?" Briar asked.
"Brayden, he needs to tell me something." I answered.
"I think I know what it is, I'm not positive though." Luke commented.
"Gotta go, I need to meet with my art teacher." They waved as I got up. I walked out and went to Mrs. Alderman's classroom.
"Hola Heidi! Can I ask you something?"
"Sure, go for it."
"Do you have a clue where Rose or Bridget went?" She asked. I do. I can't tell her though. Hey, I can't just be like: "Oh, them. Yeah they moved because Bridget and her werewolf pack move occasionally and Rose and her family left because Florida is to bright and happy for a vampire. Oh, did I mention, turns out Rose and her mother are vampires! Who knew?"
"Heidi? Heidi? Yoo-hoo!" Mrs. Alderman said as she waved her hand in front of my face.
"Oh, they moved. I don't know where." I blurted out.
"Thanks. I was just curious. You can sit down, the bell is about to ring and you're staying here." I placed my stuff in the opening in the table and took out my sketchbook.
......
I walked to the pool. Time to meet Brayden. I was standing by the pool and looking around. Instead of Brayden I saw her. It had to be Sydney.
"Why are you here?" I sneered.
"I'm helping to coach the swim team for the elementary school. You?" The high school shares this pool with Sweetwater Elementary. Some high schoolers help coach pre-team and actual team.
"Oh, I'm meeting Brayden." It was basically like talking to a wall. I saw that girl eyeing my necklace.
"Yes?" I asked.
"That necklace, where'd you get it?" She asked.
"None of your buisne-" She lunged at my necklace and snatched it.
"Give it!" I yelled.
"Never!" We were fighting over the piece of jewelry. It was intense. I slipped on the edge, making both of us fall in the pool. The saltwater pool. With Sydney, the most popular girl at this school.
"Oh. My. God! Heidi how dare y-" She looked down at my tail and let out the loudest, high pitched scream. I cringed at the reaction.
"YOU-YOU ARE A FISH!" She screeched. I shrugged.
"A mermaid." I corrected.
"Whatever!" She climbed out of the pool and threw the necklace.
"I knew there was something fishy about you, no way Luke would want to date you now." She sashayed away.
"Oh, hi girls! Are you ready for swim team?" No, no, no, no! I can't transform! They'll see me! Ok, I'm just gonna have to hide. Please get here quick, Brayden! Someone, save me!
Drama! I have a picture.

 Please get here quick, Brayden! Someone, save me!Drama! I have a picture

IMG_1429.JPG

It's Tess! Kinda. It's her when she is, like, 9 or 10. I don't know. I'll probably have a ton more pics of her because my sketchbook is filled with her and her blue jay, Maverick. So, yeah. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading! Oh a few more things! Read "Golden Scales" by o-cissy_missy-o because she is trying to get 100 reads! If you don't, Nathan Hale and Alexander Hamilton will frown upon you. Also, please tell your followers to read my book "The Mysteries of Swan Cove" because I'm trying to get it to 1K reads by April. It's at 654 now, pretty close to 1K. Once again, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.
~rainbowmorkie