Chapter 17

January 13, 2017 (a few days ago)

"Heidi, are you ready?" Briar called from downstairs.
"Yep, just need to put in the necklace." I put on the quadruple pearl necklace with a diamond thingy at the bottom. When your a mermaid, you can find pearls fairly easily. I walked down the steps.
"Great costume, girl, you look almost identical."
"Thanks Briar. Nice Dorothy Dandridge costume yourself."
"I spent 6 hours getting ready."
"Two, I spent two." You may be wondering, "Why are you dressed up in the middle of January?" Well, we are going to a costume party. It was being thrown by Lindsay Brickton, one of the best party throwers at our school. She made us all RSVP and tell her our costume so no one would be the same actor. Or just famous person in general. I am Audrey Hepburn. Mainly because I drew 10-15 pictures of her in my sketchbook. I have a problem.
"I made Kaitlyn go talk to her. You know, I needed tips. But, I love this hair! It's amazing!" I said, touching my hair.
"Let's go, Brayden is picking us up at my house," she checked her phone. "Five minutes ago. Do you'll think he'll pick us up here?" She asked.
"Call him." I suggested. She dialed his phone number and put it on speaker.
"Where are you?! Because of this you two are sitting in the back."
"Weren't we going to anyway? Pick us up at Heidi's house."
"Whatever, bye."
"Bye." She looked at me.
"He's clearly not in a good mood. He's got an attitude." Briar retorted.
"Uh, Briar we can both hear you." I heard Luke say. She hung up her phone and put it back in her purse.
"Oops." She said. We heard Brayden honking his car. We started to walk out the door and got in his black convertible.
"Of this was a limo, I'd actually feel like Audrey Hepburn."
"Yeah, my parents barely trust me with this car, I doubt they'd trust me in a limo even if it's in the back." He replied.
"Hey, it can't be that bad. In 5th grade Heidi spilled ice all over the front of her." Briar joked.
"It was one time!" I pouted. We sat around and talked until we got to Lindsay's house. Brayden parked the car and we all got out.
"Hey, let's get this straight. Heidi is Audrey Hepburn, Briar is Dorothy Dandridge, Brayden is Elvis Presley, and Luke is John Payne. We all nodded and walked in. Party time!
Yeah, this idea was better in my head. Don't worry, there's gonna be another flashback chapter after this. Thanks for reading and u hoe you enjoyed.
~rainbowmorkie