Chapter 2

Emmet's pov

She looked at the floor avoiding eye contact, so I said "can you look up me please?" she did exactly as she was told.

"Are you sure she's thirteen?" I asked Lucias, "yes, she's  twelve or thirteen, first sold at age 7  she had a wild spirit that broke by her 5th master and she won't disobey anything or do anything without your permission since he last master," he said.

I nodded then said "I'll take her, also can I speak to her in private after I finish paper work?" he looked at me "sure." I went to his office and filled out paper work then walked back to jess' room which she was just outside of waiting right where she was when we left.

"Hi Jess can you come in your room with me?" I asked softly. she nodded and walked in I closed the door behind me and the door handle slipped and the door slammed, her hands flew to her ears as she rocked back and forth in the corner. I walked over and touched her arm lightly she tensed under my touch and whispered "I'm sorry m-master, please don't hurt me," I was appalled. I asked "are you ok?" I was worried she just begged me not to hurt her because I messed up and slammed a door.

"I'm fine" she whispered shaking, "do you want me to adopt you?" I asked, curious, but her answer wouldn't change anything.

"yes" she lied I saw right through it, "why are you lying?" I asked. she just started shaking harder "I didn't want to upset you," she whispered.

"ok," I said, not wishing to upset her more, "are you ready to go?" I asked, she nodded. Jess stood up but her broken ribs wouldn't allow it, I reached down and picked her up and put her on her feet then let go slowly, then she followed me to Lucias's desk. I took out my wallet "how much?" I asked, "nothing, I've been trying to get her a good home like yours for 4 years, thank you" he said.

"Thank you so much," I said as Jess and I left the pet shop.

We got back to the house in 1 minute, then I helped her out of the car. she whimpered as she stood solely on one foot, I decided to just pick her up and carry her into the house. I put her down on the floor "so can you walk up stairs?" asked then added "be honest please."

"yes" she whispered, I nodded she was leaving out the part that every time she stepped on her right ankle it caused her pain. "Go upstairs and get settled, your room's the first on the right," I said. She walked up the stairs.

Jess pov;

I got to the top of the stairs, then I saw another vampire he slammed me into the wall rebreaking 3 of my almost healed ribs I cried out he made no motion to stop me, I stopped and he spoke into my ear causing me to pull away, he said "you know I'm really hungry and I have you pinned considering your injuries you know how this goes?" I nod and he pushes my long hair behind my ear then pushes my head to the side and bites my neck sending immense pain through my body. I know that he won't release until he's ready so I wait, then I beg "please stop, you'll kill me, please don't." he laughs still attached then he pushed his palm into my rib breaking a few new ones I close my eyes and he pulled his fangs out. "thanks" he said and then left.

Emmet pov;

He couldn't even wait until she had gotten comfortable. I ran upstairs to make sure she was still alive, James had a tendency to drain people. I found her sitting on the ground shaking, "great job James, she'll never trust anyone now," I thought to myself. she turned her head to face me and she looked at me with tear-filled eyes. "please don't bite me" she begged, I started to really feel bad for her, I sighed and picked her up off the floor and put her on her feet and she walked toward the room I had pointed out downstairs. with every step she whimpered in pain I went to help her and she immediately tensed under my touch. We reached her room which contained a large bed, a small bathroom, a full dresser and walk in closet. on the west wall there was a door that led to my room. she walked over and stood next to the bed, "you can sit if you want I have some questions, rules, and warnings," I said she sat down and yelped as she did, I ran over to her she backed away like I was going to hurt her for yelping. I sat next to her and gently pulled her to the head of the bed so she could use the head board to support herself, "thank you" she whispered, "no problem, can I ask you some thing?" I asked, she nodded "are you scared of me, please don't lie I won't be mad." she looked at me then whispered "yes," she cringed against the head board after she answered. "where and how did you get all your injuries?" I asked, she nodded "my last master but my hearing from my third master he hit me by accident and it messed my hearing up," she whispered. "ok, and how did your ribs get rebroken?" i asked alredy knowing the answer I wanted to see if she would tell me or not. "I-I ran into your roommate he bit me then asked him to stop and he laughed before breaking my ribs with his hand," she said looking like a ghost. "how dare he?" i thought then asked then said "im going to try and fix it ok?" i asked, she looked at me scared but, i then noticed that she wasn't looking at me she was looking beyond me.