Chapter 15

"Hey guys how was shopping?" Emmet asked, Jess and James who were laughing, "it was fun," jess said between light giggles "mind sharing what's so funny?" Emmet asked. "it's nothing we were just talking about somethings and how stupid some people are," James said after he was able to stop laughing. "ok then, well umm James I need to talk to you and Jess why don't you go to sleep," Emmet said, Jess nodded and walked up stairs to her room. "how did you get her so relaxed and laughing like that?" Emmet asked James, "well after about three hours she relaxed and decided she was safe then after four hours she was being completely open with me and then at dinner, she started to be really very normal and she laughed so hard when I shot water out of my nose. Anyway, she's really chill if she's comfortable," James responded, "that's really good I was worried she called me Master while we were alone last ni-, James you didn't actually bite her did you?" Emmet asked. James looked at the floor "That's why she didn't want to go with you this morning, I can't believe you did that," Emmet yelled quietly, as not to disturb the girls. "I had no choice I forgot to eat before and the amount of humans in the room was overwhelming , besides do you think Wendell wouldn't check for bite marks?" James said in the same hushed yell. "James, Wendell wouldn't have touched her even if you didn't bite her, why would you freak her out more?" Emmet calmed down and softened his voice, "I'm sorry I haven't eaten in weeks and I'm highly irritable right now well as being nervous as hell." James sighed, "Emmet you need to eat, go find a nurse or maid, or go wake up Jess," James said aggravation filling his tone. "James, the nurses are mostly volunteers, we really aren't supposed to drink from them, and Jameson kinda killed the last maid," Emmet sighed, " I guess I'll go wake Jess up," Emmet finished before walking up the stairs.

Jess couldn't really sleep so she laid on her bed thinking with her eyes closed, she heard Emmet and James whispering really loudly in the kitchen, something to do with last night. The whispering got quieter, Then she heard light footsteps on the stairs. Her door opened, "Jess?" Emmet's deep voice echoed through her room, she opened her eyes and rolled over, "Yes, Emmet I'm awake I couldn't sleep," Jess whispered. "Jess, I'm hungry, if you know what I mean," Emmet said, Jess stiffened "I-I c-can't do this not right now," jess said crying. "Jess, look at me," Emmet said, Jess looked up at him, "Emmet I-I I'm sorry, I didn't mean to te-" Emmet cut her off, "relax Jess, it's alright," Emmet said walking closer, Jess stayed where she was, "Emmet please," Jess begged as Emmet sat down next to her, he pet his hand behind her head, and bit her neck. "Emmet," she whispered softly after a few moments, "stop," then she passed out.

"Emmet you idiot, why would you keep going," James yelled, Emmet sat on the end of the couch Jess was laid across with his head in his hands, "Emmet answer me dammit!" James yelled. "James I don't know why ok?" Emmet yelled, "Guys stop yelling it hurts," said a small sleepy sounding voice, "Jess?" both Emmet and James whispered. "Yeah it's me, and relax I'm fine, just hungry," Jess said, "go get food Em," James said and Emmet left to grab food. Jess sat up, "I'm alright, there's no need to yell at Emmet," Jess whispered James smiled, "Jess, you shouldn't be so nice and forgiving especially with Vampires" he laughed quietly. Emmet walked in and handed Jess a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, "thank you Emmet," Jess said quietly, "you're welcome honey," Emmet said. "Am I still going to go to the pet show tonight?" Jess asked slowly, "Yeah, about that can you go get ready your stuff is upstairs we need to leave in an hour, if you didn't wake up by then we weren't going to go," James said. Jess nodded and finished her sandwich, then walked up to her room. Jess walked in to see a black crop top and high-waisted jean shorts, they looked very comfortable but the outfit as a whole didn't cover much, though it fits the dress code of a pet show perfectly. She took a shower and blow-dried her hair, she pulled her hair back in to a low ponytail, then she walked over to her bed and put on her out fit. She walked into her closet and pulled out a pair of shiny black 6-inch stilettos. Then, she took her hair back out and re-brushed it, and straightened it. She pulled it into a slick back high-ponytail, then she walked down stairs her hair brushing against the back of her upper thigh.

James looked up when he heard someone walking down the stairs, "That was fast Jess," he said, "No it's not Jess, daddy," Angel whispered. "Angel baby what are you doing up?" James quietly exclaimed standing up and walking over to her. "Earlier I heard you and Emmet yelling at each other it woke me up and I can't go back to sleep," she explained sleepily, "ok hun well, it's almost 11 at night and me Jess and Emmet are leaving soon so you need to go to bed baby doll, I'll come up with you" James said picking angel up bridal style and carrying her to her room. He put her on her bed and sat next to her until she fell asleep. He walked downstairs to Emmet sitting on the couch in the living room, "are you ready to go?" James asked, "yeah, we're just waiting for Jess," Emmet said. Five minutes later Jess walked into the living room, "you ready Jess?" Emmet asked, "yes, I am," she said her head down, with that they left.