Chapter 23

last chapter I'm so excited

James pov

I heard Emmet ask to see Harpers wolf and walked in to stop before that ended poorly. I walked in to see a fully shifted Harper and an open mouthed Emmet.

"Emmet really we are so dead if anyone sees' this," I yelled at him.

" I know I don't know what I was thinking , I was just so surprised when she said it I wasn't thinking," he said the amazement leaving his eyes and sorrow filing them.

"But you're the king, people can't go against you right?" Harper said, great job Harper.

"Oh yeah we need to talk about that," said Emmet looking at me with a cold glare before looking at harper with a lopsided grin.

"What is there to talk about, i'm the king so technichally everyone answers to me," I said sheepishly.

"Umm, the fact that you're the king and that you could've told me years ago but you didn't," Emmet shot back.

"I'm sorry, the reason I'm in hiding is because vampire hunters tried to kill me so often I went into hiding leaving my brother as acting prince and making decisions from here," I said softly looking around the room.

"Who else knew?" Emmet asked me, betrayal showing in his eyes.

"Peter and mick, but only because they lived in the castle at the time," I said as the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and muttered 'speak of the devils' before answering.

"Mick," I greeted, "James," he responded, "mind if we come over for dinner?  I haven't seen you since the ball and Peter hasn't seen you since 2000 ," he asked.

"Fine, but you have to keep quiet about anything and everything you see here, understood?" I asked.

"Got it," Mick answered, a faint got it could be heard from Peter in the back. I hung up the phone and walked over to Emmet.

"Mick and Peter are coming over for dinner, I know it was stupid to agree but it's too late now," I said.

"Why the hell would you agree to that?" Emmet exclaimed.

"I'm sorry but I wanted to see Peter its been over 500 years," I argued.

"Alright, this conversation is not over but for now we need to wake up Jess," Emmet growled lowly before lightening his tone in the end.

"Fine, let's go get the girls. I'll have the cooks make dinner and we will discuss the new information tonight," I said walking to the kitchen. I told the cooks to make something we haven't had in a while.

"Come on James," Emmet said running up the stairs, me dragging lazily behind and Harper trying her best to stay with him. We reached the top of the stairs and turned towards Jess' room, we saw her sleeping in a ball on her bed.

"Jess, wake up it's time to get ready for dinner," Emmet said gently, shaking her shoulder. she was the opposite of most pets we'd had she slept soundly and never woke up unless it was time for her to do so or if someone woke her up.

"Okay, what do you want me to wear?" she asked groggily her speech slightly slurred as she wasn't fully awake yet.

"Anything you want, Mick and Peter are coming over for dinner so whatever you're comfortable in," I said, at Micks' name Jess visibly shivered however I noticed she had no reaction to Peters' name.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs in a half hour," Jess said getting out of her bed and walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

"Let's go, I have to go ask Angel if she feels like meeting Peter and Mick, you two should go down and talk for a bit," I suggested looking at Emmet.

The vampires, humans and The crossbreedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें