chapter 4

disclaimer; I know broken ribs don't get casted, i'm just too lazy to go back and change it ;p

Emmet's pov

"i'll be right back" I told her, i found a nurse and said "i have a new pet upsatirs, she's weak and has a few badly broken ribs can you go up help her," she bowed "of course sir" she said smiling. she ran upstairs. "james" i yelled knowing he could have heard me if i simply whispered but i felt like yelling, then i heard a whimper from upstairs and realised she was still just up the stairs. "What do you want Emmet?" he asked, "why were you in jesses room earlier ?"  I asked. "I walked by while she was sleeping, I wanted to make sure you knew," he lied. "James I need a bit more trust from her before you're allowed to be in her room., understand?" I asked. "sure whatever, but what if i get hungry?" i growled then said "go eat something else." i then turned and left. on my way to Jesses room I bumped into the nurse, "all set sir," "thank you sorry for being so harsh earlier Genevieve," I told her. "its ok, she was badly injured but she'll be ok, I gave her some pain medication before I left so she won't notice anything except her cast for a while." I nodded then continued walking towards Jesses room.

jess's pov

I waited for Emmet to come back, I was hungry I wanted food. He walked in "Do you want dinner it's about 6 at night" he said a bit to loudly I covered my ears and calmed myself down. I nodded he stood and picked me up off the bed. we walked down the stairs, or more like he carried me down the stairs. he put me down and I stumbled a bit then caught myself. "here do you want pizza?" he said  I nodded still afraid to speak. "ok" he said grabbing a bag with cold pizza in it then he put all the pieces in the microwave. when the pizza was heated up he handed me a plate with two pieces on it. "you can sit with me at the table," he said motioning to an empty chair next to him, I walked over slowly and sat down, in the chair. James walked into the kitchen, "Hey Emmet, Jess" he said waving, "where's mine?" he asked. "in the microwave, I left you 4 pieces you can come sit if you like" Emmet said. "kay" James said smiling, he walked over to the microwave, then behind me trailing a hand across the back of my neck I tensed and waited for him to pass. he didn't put his hand down and he sat right next to me I cringed away from him but his hand tensed holding me in place. "Jess is something bothering you?" asked Emmet, James's hand slid down to the top of my cast as he pinched right above it. "no master" I said whispering, James removed his hand and ate his pizza, I ate mine slowly every swallow hurt along with breathing and other things like that but overall it was better. "may I be excused to the bathroom master?" I whispered, he nodded "yes jess go ahead." I stood up slowly and walked to the bathroom, when I was done I studied my face in the mirror. the last time I saw my face was 3 years ago, then I had light olive toned skin, high gorgeous cheek bones sprinkled with small freckles, and light brown curly hair with a light natural bailage to it. now my skin was pale my cheek bones bruised and protruding too much, my hair still the same just waist length and straightened into soft but defined waves. I thought to myself for a moment then I walked back to the table and sat down Emmet stiffened, I looked at him for a moment, red eyes he was hungry no, thirsty. "Are you hungry" I asked my voice, raspy and very hoarse, going above a whisper for once. "yes Jessica, may I?" he asked, I held my wrist out. he gently held my hand then locked my wrist into place before biting I held my breath then let it out gently, used to the feeling of being bitten. he pulled his fangs back out and his eyes were their natural color again.

"Jess are you alright?" Emmet asked, "yes I'm fine master," I whispered my voice returning to it's natural whisper tone. "go up to bed please you look exhausted" he said I nodded and stood slowly again hoping that I wouldn't fall over, "want help sweetheart," James said. I turned and looked straight into Emmet's eyes begging him for help with my eyes. I turned to face James who gave me a look that said  "say no I dare you", I sighed and then wispered "no I think I can walk up stairs by myself." I then walked up the stairs and into my room, where i got undressed and walked into the connected bathroom. i sat in the tub keeping my ribs out of the water.

James pov

"no fair dude" i whined "i wanted some." Emmet was about 600 years older, and he acted like my dad or my older brother. we were also polar opposites when it came to humans, he was weak and always felt like he shouldn't hurt them. he had never killed a pet, I had done it for him all 5 times he had tried having a pet. "i told you i need complete trust before you can-" i cut him off, " drink from her i know but you did" i whined as he gave me a glare, "she offered," he pouted. "fine but next time i want some too," i said "whatever deal" he said. i smiled and walked upstairs to my room. "Angel, Angel? Are you awake," i said knocking on the door to a secret room in my room. "Daddy?" she asked sounding scared, i opened the door slowly "Its me" she sighed "ok," she said.