Chapter 13

The entire day Grace ignored me. I didn't mind, because watching her play with her son is actually peaceful. His laugh and hers put together made me smile way more than I have in years.

"You like my sister?" I look up to see Grace's sister standing above me in a bathing suit.

"Why ask?" I answered her question with one of my own. She sat next to me in the sand and smirked.

"You've been staring at her with dreamy eyes," She laughed.

"I just think she's a nice girl," I shrugged. Her sister made a noise.

"Do you know where I can work at a club in New York?" Renee asked and I shrugged, even though I own one.

"What would your sister say?" I looked over to her fixing her bikini top. I took her body in and I still don't see how these girls are blessed like the way they are.

"I'm grown," she simply said and I nodded.

"I know a place, when you come to New York I'll hook you up," I said and she grinned. Renee stood up and sand pasted her bubbly ass. She used her hands to shake the sand off but her ass jiggled the whole time, also.

My attention went from Renee's ass to Rico and Grace running over to us. "It's getting dark, I want to go to dinner with Rico. I promise I'll make it for the flight," Grace said to me and this was the first time she spoke to me since she saw that house.

"Okay," I said and stood up. "Back to the hotel,"

*

*

*

"Mommy's going back home," I told my son as we sat down eating. He bit into his jerk chicken and drank some of his juice.

"Like back where we are from?" He's pretty eloquent for a three year old.

"Yes," I nodded and ate my jerk chicken also. "I'm going to miss you so much," I rubbed his head.

"Is my daddy gonna call me?" He asked and I sighed.

I looked into his eyes as his big blue innocent eyes looked back at me. "Rico, daddy isn't going to call,"

"Why?" He asked with food in his mouth.

"He hurt himself and he couldn't fix it," I said. Telling a child about death isn't easy at all.

"The doctors eaither?" He asked and I cracked a smile.

"No they couldn't," I shook my head.

"He's dead?" Rico asked and my eyes grew. What does he know about death?

"What do you know about death?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Is he having a funeral like Mr. Jenkins from church?" His pronunciation of words aren't perfect but he knows what he's saying.

"Yes," I lied.

"Okay,". We ate in silence after our little talk and as I tucked him in that night he began frowning.

"I'm going to call everyday," I kissed his head. "I love you," his eyes fluttered and my heart simply broke. I don't want to leave him but I need to put myself in order. Find a new place and then he can come back.

"Bye mom," I kissed her cheek and then hugged my brother and sister. "Love you guys,"

I got into the taxi and the driver sped off. I met Dro at the airport, he stood at the planes stairs talking on the phone. As soon as I approached him he hung up.