Chapter 42

Renee smiled as we arrived at the hotel. This is the nicest place we've ever vacationed at. All of us.

"Mrs. Colombo," The valet smiled as I handed him my keys and the bellman took our luggage to our rooms.

"Ooo not MRS. Okay Dro," Renee laughed. Shay and her made faces at each other. 

"Let's go check in," I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my face. He's playing mind games with me.

He officially officially, yes doubly, proposed last week. Of course, I said yes. I love him and I will wear his last name with my head high.

"Good afternoon," The short man blandly with a pink face once we walked up. He scanned my ring finger and my purse then my earrings. He almost scoffed out loud if I was reading him correctly.
Greg.

"Good afternoon," I smiled. "I'm checking in, for Grace Smith,"

He typed on his computer then made a face.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"Your room was changed to the most expensive room in the hotel this morning," He paused with and attitude in is voice. "That raises an alert. Can I see your ID and the credit card that was used to book originally?"

Dro. He was probably trying to surprise me with the upgrade not knowing there's an employee who just so happens to take his job seriously.

"Sure," I sarcastically said. I made a point to slide my Amex card out of my Fendi wallet, along with my photo ID.

"This doesn't match the card of the upgrade," He smugly said.

"My fiancé probably did it to surprise me," I scoffed. Is he serious right now?

"Yeah your fiancé or sugar daddy?" He grumbled with a roll of his eyes.

"What the fuck did he just say?" Renee softly said.

"He really just said that huh?" Shay said.

We aren't about to get loud as much as the ghetto Jamaican in me wanted me to. There's no need for it, I'm about to make a phone call and this will be resolved.

"Okay, I'll just call it to prove it," I wanted to give Dro's name out but simply can't, I don't know who's around me. "Shay call Reno,"

"Huh?" She looked at me. "Your man is in-,"

I gave her a look and she pulled her phone out to call her fiancé.

"Hey babe," She genuinely smiled. "Yeah... well it was but now we're having a problem checking in." She paused. "He's being very racist, babe and sexist," 

She didn't say anything else just put her phone down. They're coming.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" A familiar voice made me look behind the counter. Two men stood behind the counter. The man from earlier. Calvin Gaines.

"Actually, yes," I said with a slight attitude. "My fiancé paid for my room to be upgraded as a surprise and now your coworker isn't letting me into the room since he believes that story to be false. He believes that we are gold diggers who are scamming, right Greg,"

Calvin's eyebrows raised with a smirk forming around his lips.

"It happens a lot around here, I apologize if you're offended. I'm doing my job. I'm not a racist," His face turned red.

The other man spoke up, "How're you? I'm Gavin the manager here. I do apologize and sensitize with your frustration we just have to call the company and have them contact the cardholder since it was done anonymously. Just give us a few okay?"