mad world

Note: there are flashbacks on this page which are written in italics. Enjoy xx

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

Adam heard the angry footsteps getting louder and louder. He looked at the door, waiting for whoever it was on the other side to open it and storm in. He didn't have to wait long. Chin rushed in and walked over to him quickly while his secretary told him repeatedly that he has to go. Then he felt chin's fist on his chin and dropped on the ground. His bodyguard raised his gun at Chin and Steve raised his gun at Adam.

"let's see who's quicker, shall we?" asked Steve. Adam held his hands up, telling his men go calm down so this wouldn't turn into a nightmare.
"what are you guys doing here?"

Chin grabbed Adam from shirt, pushing him back and forth "WHERE IS SHE?" He asked, yelling. Adam placed his hands on his arms, trying to push him away. He was at a loss of what was happening. At first he thought this was about Kono that she was somehow in trouble and his heart beat rapidly in fear and agony.

"I saw you with her yesterday morning! so don't try to lie to us Adam!"

So it was about Amelia. Adam pushed chin away and fixed his shirt, he composed himself piece by piece and motioned for his men to get outside. When he was alone with the 5-0 boys, he started speaking.

"if something happened to Amelia, I have nothing to do with it. I only tried to help her."
"I'm having a hard time believing that!"
"and that's your problem! Amelia came to me because she needed my help and I gave it to her-"
"by taking her to your father?"
"yes!"

Chin distanced himself only so he wouldn't punch Adam again. "why did she want to see your father?"

"it was about her parents. I told her my father knew her mum and she wanted to see him. Before you ask I have no idea what he told her in that room, I didn't go in with her."
"that's very convenient, isn't it?"
"it's the truth!"
"whatever he told her, got her kidnapped and if anything happens to her, it's on you!" warned chin.

Steve's phone started ringing and he picked it up immediately "Danny tell me something good"

"negative. We found the car, it was dumped on the middle of the street, no sign of her or Marcel- Kono is checking the footage from the hospital and the street cameras but we have nothing on that yet either."
"ok listen me and Chin will go speak with Hiro Noshimuri. He definitely knows something-"
"Steve there's something else you should know."
"what?"
"there's blood on the back seat- lots of it."

Steve ran his hand down his face. He had to keep reminding himself that this was just a case, he had to act like it was any other day on work. Make logical moves, leave the emotions out of it for as long as he could or it would all crumble down far too quickly.

Punch after punch her cheeks had gone numb to the pain after the last one. It was all the same to her. Blood splashed drop by drop on the grey floor, sounding like a clock ticking away. Time was ticking away but it instead of counting it with numbers, she counted it with drops of blood. Her hands were tied on the ceiling, her body hanged like a piece of meat about to be sold. No matter how much she coughed she always felt like she was chucking underwater. She kept her eyes closed, trying to imagine good things while she was being tortured like a slave. Her imaginations shattered when she heard the door buzzing, marcel walked in with the same old annoying smile plastered across his face. She started moving back and forth in anger, trying to slip her hands off the cuffs, he only left at her weak attempts.