hold on.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you.

Amelia opened and closed the door slowly. Se didn't want to wake him up, the floor would crack as she paced slowly to the bed, she left her glass of water on the nightstand but when she tried to get on the bed again when hit her leg under it, a tiny gap escaping her lips. She tried to stay silent so he wouldn't wake up-
"you ok?" he mumbled into his pillow, his voice coming out very rough. His eyes were still closed but he was still half asleep but Amelia should have known better than to try and creep on him.

"I think I broke my tip toe" she whined and he laughed a little on the pillow again. She knelt on the bed, smiling "I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." Steve opened his eyes and moved his face away from the pillow.

"it's alright. I'm a light sleeper." He smiled. Amelia looked away, even in the dark he could notice there was something wrong. He stretched out his hand and stroked her arm with his fingers gently. She turned and looked at him, faking a smile. "can't sleep?" he asked in a whisper. Amelia pouted her lips, looking in his eyes, the blue eyes that shined like diamonds in the darkness. She placed her hand on his bare chest, stroking it the same way he caressed her arm.

"too many things to think about" she answered.
"you can still think about them in the morning."
She chuckled "yeah I guess you're right."

He laid better on the bed and reached out his hands "come 'ere" he whispered, nodding for her to lay next to him. She hesitated a little at first but eventually turned around, laid down and let him wrap his arms around her. Pulling her in his warmth, tightly. He placed his head on the back of her neck, his nose brushing on her shoulder, hiding on her hair. His arms were under her breast, holding her like teddy bear. He let out a deep breath, the air washing down on her, she felt so relaxed when she felt it on her skin. She breathed out too, letting out all the thoughts that were troubling her. He kissed her shoulder like he was congratulating her for doing that. Like he knew she cleared her mind.

"how did we get here? We couldn't even stand each other"
"I think its called character development" he mumbled, making her laugh again. "try and sleep, ok? I'll be right here in the morning."

She held his arm, squeezing it. She didn't know why but she wanted to start crying. Maybe it was because this was all new to her, she wasn't used to this kind of... relationships. She tilted her head abruptly, turning around just a little so she could look at his face and reached for the back of his neck, kissing him unexpectedly. Even in his sleepy and lazy state, he kissed her back, leaving a sense of safety on her lips. He rubbed her body, warming her. She pulled back just a little and they both opened their eyes, staring at each other, smiling. Perhaps this was the first time they said I love you without saying it at all, perhaps this is how it would always be with them. Just endless stares and passionate kisses and untold words. Perhaps that was just as it should be because they understood each other. Perhaps it wasn't-

Another kick in the stomach and she was awake again. Freezing and hurting. She didn't even have the time to finish her dream before she awoke- weird how her mind picked that memory out of all the others they had. Weird how it picked him before Chin. Punch after punch, kick after kick, drop after drop, second after second and her torture seemed to be endless, it seemed like it went on forever and every time she felt like letting go she saw them, chin, Kono, Danny, Steve, grace... every time she tried to let go she heard them saying I love you in their different and unique ways, every time she'd try to let go, they were there in her thoughts. Every time she'd let go, they wouldn't let her. Every time she'd try to let go they reminded her she needed to hold on for them. She needed them and they needed her. So how could she possibly leave them?