Chapter 3

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.     

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 3 

"Girl, I could eat a horse right now. Yes, I'm that hungry," said Williams pacing up and down the room impatiently. 

"I'm starving as well. Let's go visit Alex and see how she is doing and then we'll go get something to eat."

They washed their faces and freshened up and later walked to the infirmary. It was lined with white sheets which were separated by curtains. On the opposite side, they could see Alex with bandages around her head, arms and presumably her legs as well which were tucked under the white sheets. Two beds away there was Roach with his leg heavily bandaged rested on a cushion.

"Hey Alex, you scare me like that again and I will kill you with my bare hands," joked Williams.

"I feel great, thanks for asking. And anyway, you know people with Russian blood in them won't die that easily," retorted Alex.

"You got lucky again," said Malloy sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"That's not luck, that's skill," said Alex.

Ye, the way you flew into that wall shows you got a special skill," laughed Malloy as Williams broke into fits of laughter.

"We're glad you're okay though. We're going to get something to eat and we'll visit you tomorrow," said Williams.

"Roach, how are you doing?" asked Malloy.

"I'm fine thanks to Fox. I could have lost a lot of blood out there."

"She's the best medic we have on the team," said Malloy proudly.

"I'm glad you're fine Roach. We'll see you later," raiding their hands to Roach as he waved back.

--- --- --- --- ---

"You should have seen them, man," stated Meat talking to Archer who was sitting opposite from him. "The way they handled the situation and started killing hostiles, it looked like it was just another day at work."

"So, hold on a second, three women saved your ass out there?" laughed Royce while shoving down food.

"They assisted us, that's all," said MacTavish annoyed.

"No wonder Shepherd is pissed about it though," continued Scarecrow.

"There's nothing to be pissed about," replied MacTavish. "They are soldiers; they are trained to survive on the battlefield just like us."

"If they are trained like us," said Royce.

"What do you mean?" asked Meat.

Royce continued, "well, if you said that there were only three of them and it seemed that they handled the situation quite easily, they may have had different tainting to, let's say, adapt to any situation. I mean, let's face it, we know nothing about them; we don't know from which branch they are coming from."

"That's true," said Scarecrow. "The injured one had a Russian accent and the Captain's American accent is not very accurate."

At that time, Malloy and Williams entered the mess hall and the soldiers silenced.

Both of them looked at each other and with simple eye contact, they understood that they were probably talking about them.

"Let me fix some food for ya," said one of the soldiers, "you must be starving."

"Hell yeah!" replied Williams.

"Thank you," said Captain Malloy as he handed them some food and went to sit the corner with Williams. She could feel the men's stares down her spine watching her every move. She did not blame them though; they come out of nowhere to assist them and they knew nothing about them, she would have felt the same thing.

"Captain Malloy?" asked a man who just entered the mess hall.

"Yes?"

"You have a call from Major Stevens."

"Very well," she said following the soldier out of the room.

--- --- --- --- ---

"This is Captain Malloy speaking."

"Captain, Major Stevens. The 'copter is fixed; the pilot will be picking you up at 0100 hours."

'Finally,' she thought. "Thank you, sir. What about Red?"

"She will be fit for travel; we'll continue to treat her at the base. I cannot have my team all over the place."

"Roger that, sir. I will go tell her immediately."

Malloy went to the infirmary to inform Red about their departure and then went back to her room and informed Williams.

At midnight, they were standing near the LZ waiting for their ride back home with Williams supporting Red. "Right on time; let's go, ladies," said Malloy.

--- --- --- --- ---

Six months passed till the morning where the 141 noticed the three soldiers had disappeared in the middle of the night and they haven't heard of them since.

 A lot had happened since then; soldiers were killed in a nuclear explosion, no doubt an operation by Kingfish himself. They had the orders to capture the man who supplied it and it was a success but at the cost of Meat and Royce. 

'Was it worth it? Is it ever worth it?' Captain MacTavish sighed as he did some paperwork but was interrupted by a knock on his door.

"Come in."

A man with a skull balaclava and dark red glasses entered the office.

"Ghost! What can I do for you mate?" asked MacTavish.

"We are wanted in the debriefing room. It's about a new mission concerning the Italians and the Intel you collected about six months ago."

MacTavish looked up with a confused look on his face and Ghost shrugged. He sighed and the pair walked together to the debriefing room. As they entered, MacTavish heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Captain John 'Soap' MacTavish; we meet again," said a woman smiling at him.

--- --- --- --- --- 

Quick Author's Note: First off, today is April 1st, as I'm sure everyone knows. I want to wish everyone a Happy April Fools Day! 

I hope you're enjoying this story so far :) Comment and vote, please!

Did you love that chapter!? I hope you did! Show your support for the author by simply clicking the little VOTE button to the bottom left or top right of your screen! Have a wonderful day!

Votes and Comments/Feedback most enthusiastically welcome!