Chapter 5

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 5

"Did you choose your team, mate?" asked MacTavish.

"Yes. I will be taking Archer, Toad, and Ozone with me. So," he paused for a few moments and looked at his Captain, "she was the one who helped you six months ago?"

"Aye; she's something isn't she?" laughed MacTavish.

"She knows how to get the job done and doesn't miss any details."

"She knew my codename back when I was in the S.A.S. and that I went on a mission in Kazakhstan."

"What do we know about her and the E.T.F.?"

MacTavish looked at Ghost for a few seconds. "Well, let's check out her file mate." He proceeded to enter her name into his computer but stopped.

"What is it?"

"I just realized I don't even know her first name. I only know her codename."

"Type in Malloy then and we'll see what'll turn up."

MacTavish typed in her name and analyzed the search. "We have a couple of Privates and Sergeants. Ah, here she is I assume; Captain L. Malloy." He clicked on the name but a box popped up with 'ACCESS DENIED' written in it.

"Are you sure it's her?"

"Well, there aren't any other Captains with the same name."

"Search Elite Task Force then. We may find out about her from there" said Ghost sitting down near MacTavish. Why is her file inaccessible? It did not make any sense.

Elite Task Force

Commanding Officer: Major R. Stevens

Field Commander: Captain L. Malloy

Second in Command: Lieutenant C. Williams

Sergeants: A. Petrov

M. J. Allen

C. Daniels

Private First Class M. Gregory

Private L. Collins

The list went on and on but it seemed that those were the leading soldiers in the Task Force. MacTavish started checking out their files and noticed one thing in common.

"They're all women!" he exclaimed.

"Let's check out the Lieutenant's file first."

MacTavish clicked on her name and a document opened with a photo of a dark-skinned woman with dark brown hair and eyes. He started reading out loud, "Lieutenant Charlene 'Fox' Williams; age 26; was in the U.S.M.C. before joining the E.T.F. She has a sister who is in the Marines as well." he paused and continued reading. "Ok, this is the strange part; she was in college studying to become a doctor but then dropped out and joined the Marines."

"Did she have any problems in college or any criminal record?"

"No, her conduct is clean. Apparently, she met Malloy in college and became friends. It is written here that for the detailed story we should check out Malloy's file."

"The only problem being we can't read her file," sighed Ghost. "Well, let me try something."

"What are you going to do? You won't be able to hack into the system; it's the bloody army for God's sake."

"I'll manage; just give me a few minutes." After typing and listening to error sounds, Ghost managed to open her file. A woman with a soft round face, green eyes, and light brown hair was looking at them.

"Captain Lisa 'Shadow' Malloy; age 27; joined the U.S. Army after she dropped out of college the same time Williams did. She was studying to become a Geography teacher."

"Wait, from a teacher to a soldier?" asked Ghost confused.

"This explains a lot," said MacTavish in a dark tone. "Six years ago there was a terrorist attack at the University. Malloy was with her friend Taylor Sanchez at the moment waiting for Williams to finish from her lecture and meet up at the canteen. Malloy went to buy something to eat when five armed men entered the canteen and started firing at the students. She managed to get down in time but her friend was not so lucky and was killed by a bullet between her eyes."

"Bloody hell," said Ghost.

"Malloy tried to assist Taylor but it was too late. At that time Williams entered the canteen and saw what happened. They approached one of the terrorists who was shot down by a security guard and took his gun, rifle, and grenades and went to hunt down the others. They eventually found them in a classroom with a class full of dead students. Williams threw in a flashbang; they both entered the classroom and killed them. However, they were not charged as the terrorists had ammo to last much longer so in the eyes of the court and the people, they were heroes."

"After having their friends killed mercilessly they had a change of heart and decided they wanted to do something about it. But why didn't Malloy join the Marines with Williams?"

"No way," said MacTavish in disbelief. "Her father is a General in the army. Does that answer your question mate? Wait there's more. Apparently, Williams and Malloy met again a year later in a joint operation between the Marines and the Army. They did such a great job that Williams was offered a promotion and Malloy was offered a job with the C.I.A. Espionage."

"So our friend is a spy?" asked Ghost.

"We are not actually called spies Lieutenant, more like Clandestine Service Trainees. You know, counter-terrorism," said Malloy smiling at them.

Ghost and MacTavish jumped and instinctively drew out their side-arm and pointed it at Malloy and she jokingly put up her hands.

"Did they teach you to knock?" asked Ghost furiously.

"Did they teach you to respect other people's privacy?" asked Malloy mocking them. "We are not taught to knock before you enter a room back at the C.I.A. I am impressed that you have managed to open the file. It was locked for my own safety because of certain past missions. I hope you enjoyed reading about my life though. Good night gentlemen," she smiled at them and exited the room. At that point, MacTavish felt guilty about it.

The next day MacTavish started searching for Malloy to apologize but she wasn't in the mess hall for breakfast. He searched all over but couldn't find her and finally gave up. He started the normal routine and in the middle of training, he noticed a figure running around the base. As it came closer MacTavish noticed that it was Malloy wearing a green tank top and black track pants with her hair in a high ponytail bouncing as she ran. Her skin was glistening with sweat and she was panting as she switched from a jog to a brisk walk. MacTavish turned to Ghost to tell him to continue with the training and he jogged lightly to Malloy.

"Good morning Malloy," smiled MacTavish walking to keep up with her.

Malloy looked at the Captain wearing a t-shirt and loose pants for training. "Morning Captain."

"I would like to apologize for last night."

"Apologize? What for?" asked Malloy confused as she came to a halt and stretched her arms up in the air.

"Apologise for not respecting your privacy. If your file was locked there is a reason behind it and Ghost and I did not respect it."

"It's ok Soap don't worry about it. After all, I did read your files so your actions are justifiable. Besides, I'm impressed that you managed to open it." She lightly punched Soap on his arm, smiled and continued to jog.

'Well, that was easy,' thought MacTavish as he went back to his team.

  --- --- --- --- ---  

Quick Author's Note: Did you love that chapter!? I hope you did! Show your support for the author by simply clicking the little VOTE button to the bottom left or top right of your screen! Have a wonderful day!

Votes and Comments/Feedback most enthusiastically welcome!