Chapter 4

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 4

"Look who showed up," laughed MacTavish, "you never said goodbye you know and that is unforgivable."

"I'll make it up to you later Captain," smiled Malloy, "but now, we need to get down to business."

Soap and Ghost sat opposite of her and the former noticed that her hair was tied loosely in a ponytail with some loose strands brushing her face accenting her green eyes. 'I need to concentrate,' thought MacTavish.

In the room, there was also Shepherd and a dark-skinned soldier who looked like he was in his fifties.

"We have not met bet before gentlemen. I am Major Stevens, commander of the Elite Task Force. The purpose of this meeting is to confirm intelligence about Antonio MFerelli who is thought to be working with Kingfish."

"Kingfish; Vladimir Makarov born in Russia, 46 years old, leader of the Ultranationalists..."

"We are familiar with him, sir," said MacTavish.

"Ferelli is suspected to supply Makarov with armaments such as rifles, ammo, and aircraft," continued Malloy. "Furthermore, he is also lending his men to Makarov thus enabling him to enforce his army."

"I have agreed that the E.T.F. and the Task Force 141 work together," said Shepherd. "I did ask the Major permission so that Malloy and the other two join the 141 as I thought they would be a great addition to the team but he declined the offer."

"I thought we discussed this General," glared the Major.

"Yes, yes something about orders," said Shepherd. "Let us concentrate on Ferelli. We suspect his location is in France meeting up with an old friend. He won't be heavily guarded."

"On the other hand his ski lodge will be," continued Major Stevens. "The lodge is the Alps in Italy. There is the base of his main operations. We believe that he keeps records of his past business affairs here."

"What is our objective?" asked MacTavish looking at Ferelli's file.

"We will need a team in France and a team in Italy," said Malloy.

"And how are we going to manage that exactly?" asked Ghost.

"MacTavish and I will go on a covert mission to the lodge, whereas you will pick some men and go to France."

"What is the purpose of going to the lodge if we already know Ferelli's location?" asked MacTavish.

"The higher-ups want to carry this assassination as clean as possible," replied Shepherd. "They want to be sure that he is indeed supplying Makarov thus we will need evidence. Once we receive confirmation from your end, we give Ghost and the team permission to engage the target."

"You will leave tomorrow night on the red-eye," said Major Stevens. "Until then prepare anything you will need and rest up. It will be a long night."

--- --- --- --- ---

"So, I guess you will be staying with us these next two days?" asked MacTavish to Malloy after exiting the debriefing room.

"Yes, I already settled down, no need to show me the spare room Captain," said Malloy.

"I did not introduce myself..." started Ghost but Malloy interrupted him.

"Lieutenant Simon 'Ghost' Riley, the second command of Task Force 141," smiled Malloy shaking his hand.

"You did your homework Captain," said Ghost as they walked to MacTavish's office.

"Please call me Malloy. As I was going to work with you, I thought I might as well look you up and learn a bit about yourselves."

They entered the office and sat down and started discussing the mission.

"Ghost, round up a few of the men and prepare yourselves for the mission. Remember, it is imperative that you do not engage the target unless they give you the go-ahead. Watch your backs out there; it may not be a complicated mission, but you may never know what will come up."

"Of course, don't worry about us Malloy, we have the best soldiers on our team," smirked Ghost as he exited the office.

"So," said Malloy smiling at MacTavish," shall I address you as Soap, MacTavish or Captain?"

"Soap or MacTavish is fine."

"Very well. We must discuss this thoroughly; this mission requires finesse, in fact, we won't be using any kind of weaponry."

"What? You have got to be joking!"

"No, I am not. We are going undercover. There will be patrols far enough from the lodge so that we won't be spotted when we take them out. We steal their gear and enter the lodge without any problem. They use balaclavas because of the cold so we won't be recognized. We go, grab the Intel and get out."

"And if they talk to us?"

"I am fluent in Italian so I will be handling the talking. I will have a lot of scarves around my face of that my voice will be muffled; they won't recognize a woman's voice."

"Why did you choose the 141 for this mission? I mean you've got a whole team to back you up."

"My team is currently dispersed throughout the world Soap. Moreover, Fox sucks at covert missions; she is more of a 'go loud' soldier and she is in Afghanistan with Red at the moment. Besides, already have experience in this field when you and Roach took over the base in Kazakhstan."

"It looks like you have studied my file," smiled MacTavish.

They discussed the Intel, primary and secondary exfil points for emergencies and how were they were going to approach the mission. 

As the sky was getting dark, they both went to the mess hall to eat some dinner and Malloy went to her room to rest. 

Both MacTavish and Ghost went to the former's office to discuss the mission and Malloy.

--- --- --- --- ---

Quick Author's Note: In the next chapter, we will earn more about the ladies. Stay tuned! 

Did you love that chapter!? I hope you did! Show your support for the author by simply clicking the little VOTE button to the bottom left or top right of your screen! Have a wonderful day!

Votes and Comments/Feedback most enthusiastically welcome!