Chapter 6

Author's Note: Ok ladies and gents, Chapter 6 is up! If you are enjoying the story please let me know in the comments. You have no idea how much it means to me as it serves as a means of motivation for me! Thank you :) 

If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 6

The night was still as the sound of two helicopters was heard from inside the base where the soldiers were preparing to go on a mission. Ghost and his team were wearing black with Ghost wearing the usual skull balaclava. They were equipped with sniper rifles and every weapon was equipped with a suppressor. On the other hand, MacTavish and Malloy were wearing snow camouflage, a haversack and a lot of scarves to keep themselves warm. Moreover, they were equipped with a tactical knife and a side-arm with a suppressor; they would steal two soldiers' uniforms and weapons from near the lodge.

After exchanging 'good lucks' and 'see you later' they proceeded to their assigned helicopter. On their way to Italy, Malloy was very silent staring at her feet lost in thought.

"You ok?" asked MacTavish concerned.

"What?" she asked looking up. "Oh, yes yes I'm fine."

"You're not thinking about the files, right? 'Cause it would bloody suck if you lost my trust right before this mission."

Malloy started to laugh. "It's ok Soap. I'm just thinking that's all."

"Thinking about what? The meaning of life?" he laughed.

"It's 42," she said laughing. She looked in his blue eyes for a few seconds and said, "I'm thinking about my team, how much I miss them and their crazy scenes."

"Crazy? You haven't seen my men. Sometimes I wonder if they're soldiers or children. By the way, while reading the file about the Elite Task Force, I noticed that all the soldiers are women."

"Well, I can ask you the same way your team is composed of only men," she said smiling.

At that MacTavish opened his mouth for a few seconds and closed it again. He finally said, "Good point."

Their helicopter shook slightly because of the strong winds. They finally arrived at their destination and the pilots informed them that they will be there in about three hours as they will need to refuel at an Italian base. They started their walk to an abandoned shack near the lodge. They were tied together with ropes so that they won't get lost. At some point, Malloy fell and MacTavish helped her up and continued to hold her until they arrived at the shack to avoid falling again. Once they entered, they took off their scarves so that they could talk.

"Thanks out there. You know, I was able to walk afterward there was no need to hold me," said Malloy suspiciously.

"To be safe you know," said MacTavish innocently.

"We have half an hour until the patrol is in the vicinity. Until then," she said searching into her haversack and getting out a thermos, "would you like some tea?"

"Aye!" He was looking forward to a warm cup of tea in this cold environment.

"Soap! Tell me a bit about yourself; why did you want to join the S.A.S.? Why didn't you join the army?"

He took a generous sip from his cup. "Well, I used to live near a base so I would watch the helicopters land and hear the soldiers shout while they train. My friends and I used to sneak in the base and pretend that we were soldiers and once we nearly got shot because they thought that we were intruders."