Chapter 21

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 21

The alley was still, dark and somber where two people were standing in front of each other. Price felt both glad and shocked at that time. He was staring at a woman probably in her early forties, her black hair had streaks of white in it and big blue eyes smiling back at him. She looked young even though she had some wrinkles showing on her face and wore a simple black coat over her petite frame.

"Hello, John," she said.

"Tiger... what... how did you find me? How did you know?" asked Price stumped.

"It's been that long that you won't even call me by my first name?"

"It's been seven years, Leila. If I hadn't asked Lisa about you, I would still think that you are dead."

"Lisa?" she asked puzzled.

"You know her by her codename Shadow I presume," he replied.

"Ah yes," she said. "Let's walk John. We need to catch up on a few things."

They walked out of the alley and up the street into the cold. The alley was quietly sheltered and the cold breeze did not find its way in there. They both tightened their coats around them.

"How did you find me?" asked Price.

"I have been tracking you ever since I had to drop off the grid. I sound like a stalker," she joked. "Then I lost track of you and I thought that you were dead."

"I was in a gulag for about four years. So what are you doing now? Are you still working in the field and in black ops missions?"

Leila shook her head. "The CIA transferred me to a desk job. I'm working with Agent Nielson and I have managed squads and trained agents on how to adapt in the field," she said and paused for a moment. "You're in the 141 right?"

"Yes," he replied. "Our objective is Makarov and ending this bloody war. Hopefully, we eliminate Espinosa along the way."

"Do not underestimate her John. She is a very dangerous individual; she'll deceive you by her looks and charms but underneath all that is an emotionless being."

"I already know about what happened to Shadow."

"Not only her. We had other agents who weren't so lucky. John, I can't stay I have to go. No, listen to me," she said when she saw that Price was going to interrupt her, "tell Shadow that Alpha team has been compromised, she'll understand you."

"Wait!" he said grabbing her hand. "When will we see each other again?"

Leila touched his face gently, smiling at him. "Soon, John. Stay safe."

Out of nowhere, a black car stopped near them and the agent got in the car which speeded away leaving Price alone and confused.

--- --- --- --- ---

The next morning, the 141 went to the mess hall for breakfast. This was the first time they were eating there as the evening before everyone went their separate ways.

"Blimey," said Ghost.

The mess hall was large with endless tables which seated about five persons each. The blue seats were matching the blue walls and the white tables with the floor tiles. Even though it was full of soldiers, there wasn't a lot of noise. They went to grab some breakfast from which they had the choice of pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, and never-ending food. They grabbed some coffee and juice, put everything on a tray and saw where they were going to sit when they saw a soldier waving at them.