⊰55⊱

The stunning banner was cleverly crafted by the talented @queenmarieeantonette

The stunning banner was cleverly crafted by the talented @queenmarieeantonette. Thank you very much!

This song choice above, "Where I Begin" by Dennis Sheperd & Katty Heath, was sent to me by girlreader23 and the message was that this song reminds them of Cormac and Rose every time they hear it. What a lovely song choice, thank you!

🌹

The numbness still creeps through my veins, my body feeling alienated while the ice freezes everything, including my heart. The slow beat of my heart thumps in my chest, chipping away the frigidness, leaning on my side while sitting on the deep green cushions of the bench under the windowsill. My room is silent, resting my arm on the edge of the windowsill, my gaze seems to be staring off into space.

Amidst the dark clouds overhead, the rain pelts down hard on the estate grounds. The steam rises from the hot bowl of chicken noodle soup next to my arm, feeling the warmth it gives however, it does nothing for my emotional state.

My mind is empty, my thoughts completely gone.

I didn't even realize that Niles had brought me the soup until he touched my shoulder, gently waking me from this stupor. There were no words exchanged...nothing needed to be said.

After what the ones I trusted did to me...

...I feel betrayed.

Have I not been through enough?

My chest rising and falling with a slow rhythm, I inhale the aroma from the soup, debating whether or not I'm actually hungry.

The moment we all arrived back at the estate, I went straight to my room and I haven't come out since.

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since they all left my mind in a far more broken state than Taft ever could. At least with Taft...I know he wants to hurt, torture, and kill me.

With my mates...

...they are the ones who are supposed to love and protect me.

What they did...that wasn't love.

Sure, maybe it truly did came from a place of love in their hearts to make me stronger...but to play around with me like that...