| chapter four |

' how could one love when one was hurting? '

THE VOLTURI GUARD, FELIX, RIPPED OFF the head of the blonde twin Denali, Irina, because she had told them that the child of Edward Cullen and His wife and newborn vampire, Isabella Cullen's, daughter was an immortal child

THE VOLTURI GUARD, FELIX, RIPPED OFF the head of the blonde twin Denali, Irina, because she had told them that the child of Edward Cullen and His wife and newborn vampire, Isabella Cullen's, daughter was an immortal child. But, of course, the statement was wrong and cost her, her life.

The three other blonde Denali's were in shock as their sister was just killed before them. While two of them felt anger building inside of them, the twin of Irina fell to the ground on her knees as her heart broke, shattering into millions of pieces as her other half was ripped away from her.

The three kings and witch twins felt guilt wash over them as they saw their mate on the ground with a face of hurt, pain and sadness. They didn't know that their mate was twins with the other blonde. They felt an immense amount of guilt, including the extra emotions that their mate felt.

But soon that new emotion of sadness turned to rage as their mate looked up at them with eyes as red as fire, like anger. She glared at them and they, along with everyone, could see that her once golden power turned black as darkness refilled her half undead heart.

Sofia felt her power explode as her twin was ripped away from her. Black Butterflies came and morphed together, creating a shadow of which was huge and entered the ground as she stood up and began running towards them along with her sisters.

She was quickly grabbed by Rosalie, who was stronger than her. Sofia was never active in strength, but she was strong in power. Her butterfly darkness advanced to the Volturi, and along the way, it collected other powers, making it bigger. This new unlocked power of hers was feeding off her dark thoughts and emotion.

"Blind them." Edward Cullen said to the Amazon girl, Zafrina, who used her powers to remove the sight of the Denali sister's which caused the three to freeze as they were robbed of their sight. The shadow of the dark butterflies disappeared as their master couldn't navigate them to their target thus allowing.

"Give me my sight back," Sofia demanded, angered. She wanted the Volturi to feel the pain she was in, even though most of them could. They could feel their Queens pain, and every single one of them was in pain, well, just the guards and the kings. Not the witnesses.

"Sofia, this is what they want. If you attack now, we'll all die." While the others nodded, Sofia let out an animalistic growl and shook her head.

"If this is what they want then so be it! I'll give them what they want. Hell, I'll even throw them a one-way bonus ticket to fucking hell!" Even though Sofia couldn't see them, she could sense them. She could feel their presence.

"Sofia, please. They'll kill us all."

"I don't care! I'll do anything if it means getting revenge!"

"Even hurting your living sisters?" Edward asked, and that seemed to make her freeze as she thought about.

"No." She whispered after a long period of time. "I don't want to lose another." And just like that, everyone's heart broke as they heard the broken whisper of their favourite, cheerful vampire. She was so young, just recently turned and awakened. And for her to lose her twin, it broke everyone's heart.

Edward nodded to Zafrina, and she removed her powers from them, giving back their sight. While everyone else was looking at Sofia, Aro looked at Jane before she locked eyes with Edward, who read their thoughts.

"Pain." Edward fell to the ground in pain. His mate looked scared but soon remembered her gift and used it, expanding it to everyone. But Edward still felt a bit of pain which caused Bella to lose her concentration as the fear of her mate in pain taking over. He grunted in pain, and that seemed to wake up Sofia as she heard her best friends cry in pain.

"Papiliones. Papilionibus ego invocabo te, afdiutorium meum intende. Qui defendat mihi ego curo, Scuto circumdabit nos. Papilionibus vocem meam."

(Butterflies. I call thee butterflies, come to my aid. Help me protect

those I care for, cast a shield upon us. Butterflies heed my call.)