| chapter seven |

' all that she is; is all that they need '

"AUNTIE SOFIA!" Yelled a fully grown hybrid

"AUNTIE SOFIA!" Yelled a fully grown hybrid. Her dark brown curls jumped as she ran to her aunt, wrapping her warm arms around the blonde. Sofia laughed, twirling the angel around in her arms before squeezing her into a hug.

"How are you?" Sofia asked as she released the half-immortal girl, who's warmth spread onto her.

"I'm good! Guess what?!" Renesmee was happy; joy travelled through her veins as her heart sped up, all vampires in the house hearing her beat as it pounded against her rib cage.

"What?"

"I've found my mate!" The two girls squealed and so did the other females in the house, hearing Renesmee's statement and rushing down the stairs.

"What does she look like?"

"What is she like?"

"Is she nice?"

"Is she hot?" Renesmee was bombarded with questions about her mate to the point where she screamed in frustration.

"I don't know anything about her!" She shrieked, disappointment going through her aunts and mother. "But she looks amazing, beautiful." Renesmee was lovesick, and Sofia smiled, her eyes holding the same love a mother had for their child.

The girls all went upstairs, to the living room, while Sofia went to the kitchen. She opened up the light wooden cabinet and took out a glass, pouring some water into it before going into the living room.

Just as she was about to sit down, a wave of pain suddenly washed over her; it was exquisite, and debilitating even for the most influential vampire. For her, it was the worst burning sensation she had ever felt, even worse than actually being burned. Sofia's throat gurgled as she struggled to breathe, spitting blood. Her body was shaking; she was sweating. Slowly breathing hard she dragged herself into a sitting position hand clutching her side as an electric shock travelled through her body, and then caught fire. The pain was merciless without escape.

For a second she felt too weak, her head fell onto her shoulder, eyes flickering. Eventually, the pain settled into a sort of sharp throbbing that kept time with Sofia's heart, like someone was poking her repeatedly with a burning stick. Black mists swirled at the edges of her mind drawing her into sweet oblivion as she collapsed onto the floor, breathing hard as she tried to keep her eyes open.

While worry filled the house of both the Cullen's and Denali's, various mixed emotions filled the castle of the Volturi. They felt their queen's pain and knew immediately what was wrong. Sofia needed her mates, she needed their presence around her, but because they were far away, her body was shutting down.

She needed them, and they needed her. That was why the twins left the Volturi, travelling to Alaska so they could take their mate and queen back.

"We're coming for you, our queen." They whispered into the air, who carried their sacred words in their grasp, running to the other side of the world to deliverer the genuine words that were laced with so much love and care it brought all those lovesick romantic to tears.

With the window open, the wind entered the house and allowed the twins' words to flow into Sofia's ears, who's mind relaxed at their distant voices. Her eyes fluttered shut as the darkness consumed her, taking her into its grasp.