| chapter sixteen |

' loving them was the best decision in her life '

BLONDE HAIR.
A contrast against the black, silent room.

Brown warm eyes.
A contrast against the harsh cold temperature of the room.

Sofia Denali sat upright, her arms rising above her head and lowering after she heard a pop. Her eyes glanced around the room; her mind realising that it was still night time. As her mind travelled back to her previous thoughts, Sofia grinned as a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes.

"Invisibilia." She muttered, and soon white butterflies fluttered around her, setting on her skin before they turned invisible, along with Sofia.

The blonde grinned and got out of her bed; no sound could be heard. Her heartbeat was covered, nobody was able to listen to it nor could they smell her as well as see her. The beauty left the room she woke up in, which she believes is Marcus's room, and began making her way down the stairs, walking on her tippy toes. Even though she was invisible, it was a habit for her, especially when she was sneaking around in the dark.

Walking through empty halls and down the stairs quietly, Sofia struggled to keep her mouth shut, not wanting to giggle as she suddenly felt rebellious. This was the first time the hybrid ever did something wrong, but she was very curious about what was behind the door that was supposed to be hidden to the eyes of everyone. If that was the case, they were doing a lousy job at hiding it.

For some reason, Sofia felt as if it was calling to her. Like there was something behind the door that wanted the blonde to go through, to look, to open the door.

The girl finally came upon the garden. She opened the glass door before weaving through the plants and flowers, glancing at them before she saw the wooden decorated door.

The blonde looked back, happy she didn't see anybody. A smile spread on her lips as she gently pushed down on the gold handle, slowly opening the door. Sofia gasped as she was met with a sight that marvelled her.

"Wow." She breathed as she looked at all the different butterflies that flew in the room dark glass room. She giggled as they paused, looking at her before they came to her.

"Hi!"

"Hiya!"

"Hello!"

"Hey!"

As the girl concentrated on the butterflies, her invisibility disappeared, and her heartbeat could be heard, her scent could be smelled, and everyone could see her.

A butterfly with wings that was painted with different shades of blue flew up to the hybrid. The girl smiled and rose her hand, the butterfly sitting on her finger.

 The girl smiled and rose her hand, the butterfly sitting on her finger

"Hey there." Sofia cooed as she stroked the butterfly's wing. "What's your name?"

"I'm Blue!" The butterfly spoke with a cheerful voice, the butterfly flying up to the blonde's and hitting it softly, a sign of affection.

"Hello, Blue. I'm Sofia." The said hybrid giggled and spent the remainder of the night in the secret room, playing and messing around with the butterflies, who seemed to give off warm and kind vibes. There was a sacred power within them that seemed to fuel Sofia every time one of them touched her.

Maybe that was why the Volturi hid the room away. Because of their invincible power that was locked away inside their little bodies. Their wings sparkled, and every time they bumped into Sofia, some of the sparkles flew onto her, and maybe that's where their powers were hidden. Perhaps that was why the door was calling to the blonde. Because the butterflies knew that no matter what, the very angel that sat before them would never abuse them for their power. Maybe that was why she was gifted with a power very rare; it was the strongest amongst the rest.