| chapter fourteen |

' she was a curious little butterfly,
always ready to explore '

BLONDE LOCKS BOUNCED UP AND DOWN as an angel walked through the ancient castle hallway with her heartbeat being the only thing that alerted everyone she was there

BLONDE LOCKS BOUNCED UP AND DOWN as an angel walked through the ancient castle hallway with her heartbeat being the only thing that alerted everyone she was there. Nobody could smell her scent or even hear her, which was an advantage when coming to a fight because the blonde could cover up her heartbeat with her powers.

Sofia Denali glanced to her left and right before letting out a sigh as her shoulders slumped, irritated. She wanted to go to the garden, but she couldn't find where it was which annoyed her to no end.

"Sofie~" A voice sang, and a smile tug on the said hybrids lips as she heard the familiar voice. Turning around, Sofia saw Demetri and Felix skipping towards her, arm in arm. The two vampires each linked their arms with Sofia, whose lips twitched upwards as she giggled at the two best friends silliness.

"Where do you want to go?" Felix asked as they skipped around the castle, Sofia's giggles echoing around the castle, relaxing the minds of the guards that stood at their posts. A feeling of happiness spread throughout their body as they heard their Queen's laughter.

"I wanted to go to the garden." She pouted softly. "But I don't know where it is."

"To the garden it is!" Demetri exclaimed, and Sofia laughed, her eyes bright with happiness along with the two vampires, who were glad they could make their queen smile and laugh. They felt pride blossom within as they skipped to the garden, knowing that they were the cause of her everlasting happiness.

"Ohhh, pretty~" Sofia unlinked their arms and ran inside the garden, looking at all the flowers that decorated the space. It was probably the most colourful thing Sofia saw in the ancient castle. The blonde walked around the garden, looking at all the beautiful yet delicate flower when she suddenly saw a door.

Being the curious being she was, the blonde beauty walked up to the door was covered by long vines, as if someone wanted to hide it. Just as Sofia was about to take a step closer, Felix had appeared before her, directing her attention somewhere else as she tried to distract her from the door in front of her.

"Come on, Sofie," Demetri called. "We've got to go." The blonde hybrid pouted, her innocent mind turning with curiosity.

"What's behind that door?" She asked as they walked out of the garden. Her eyes gleamed with innocence as the small pout still tugged at her lips.

"Don't know." They shrugged, shoving their hands in their pockets.

"Have you never gone and checked?" Sofia asked, slightly shocked. Demetri shook his head. "Are you not a tiny bit curious?" Sofia asked, tilting her head to the side as she looked at the two. Demetri shook his head again.

"Ever heard of the saying that curiosity killed the cat?" Felix said, looking down at the tiny blonde with a playful glint in his eyes.

"But satisfaction brought it back." Sofia countered, a small smile tugging on her lips as they continued walking. Dimitri chuckled, ruffling her hair.

"Doesn't change the fact that it died first."