| chapter twelve |

' she loved her name when they said it '

TIME HAD PASSED SINCE SOFIA DENALI ARRIVED at the Volturi castle in Italy and since she last talked to either one of her mates

TIME HAD PASSED SINCE SOFIA DENALI ARRIVED at the Volturi castle in Italy and since she last talked to either one of her mates. After the incident in the bedroom, the kings and the witch twins tried everything they could to get her forgiveness, and every time they tried, she'd give them the cold shoulder, ignoring them.

They'd always leave food, which would always be eaten when they came back to collect it. The five of them tried everything in their power to get her to talk to her, but nothing worked. Not gifts nor flowers nor letters, nothing.

However, they weren't going to give up. Sofia was their mate, and eventually, she'd come to accept them. And today, like any other day, Jane walked into the room of their beautiful mate, only to see the beauty sleeping on the bed. The blonde twin smiled softly, placing the tray of food on the bedside table as she moved to look at her mate closer. Jane reached over and stroked her mate's cheek, enjoying the warmth that invited itself into Jane's body. However, the blonde let out a sigh as she realised what would happen when Sofia woke up, so she turned on her heel and was about to walk out of the room when a hand latched itself onto her cold wrist.

"Don't go." Sofia whimpered, her eyes clenched shut and her body shaking. Jane felt a small smile tug on her lips as she heard her mates voice before she registered the whimper and quickly got into the bed, arms wrapping around her mate as she clutched her shirt.

"It's okay." Jane cooed, her arms bringing Sofia closer to her. "I'm not going anywhere, love." Sofia stopped shaking and tangled their legs, her warm breath hitting Jane's neck, who surprisingly enjoyed it.

As time passed on, Sofia fell limp in Jane's arms, her breathing evening out as she cuddled into the cold one's body. Jane smiled softly, playing with her blonde's locks as she admired the beautiful angel's sleeping form.

She didn't know how long she was there for, but she knew it was for a very long time seeing as Alec came in. He glanced at his twin sister, watching her cuddle up with their mate.

"How is she?" Alec asked, his voice low and quiet, not wanting to wake up their relaxed looking mate.

"She's okay." Jane moved herself and Sofia over a bit more so Alec could crawl on the other side. Alec wrapped his arms around Sofia, one of her legs tangling with his as she moved closer to him, her back pressed against his cold chest and just like Jane, her warmth spread onto him.

The twins watched their mate sleep and move unconsciously while she slept. She was an angel, and they were the monsters. They didn't know why they were paired with such an innocent beauty, but they were glad for they would never ask for another mate that wasn't her.

She was their balance, their anchor and they don't know what could've happened if she never forgave them. They wouldn't find it in them to excuse themselves if something happened to her while she still hated them.

They were glad, though, that she was theirs and they were hers. The twins knew that she would never abuse her power as the queen of Volturi to get what she wants. She was kind and caring, always looking out for others rather than herself and for that, they were grateful. They thanked those above that she was theirs.