| chapter seventeen |

' her laughter and smile was
their favourite thing in the world '

EVERY NIGHT FOR THE PAST WEEK, Sofia Denali would sneak around the castle, going to the garden to reach the secret door

EVERY NIGHT FOR THE PAST WEEK, Sofia Denali would sneak around the castle, going to the garden to reach the secret door. She'd go play with the butterflies and converse with them every night. The blonde would stay with them until the sun began to rise, knowing that was when her mates would check up on her, at least, that's what she thought.

Sofia got to know all of the butterflies and what they liked to do, which was to sing surprisingly. They'd all get together and sing, something only Sofia would hear, and she loved it. They'd sing to her every night and would dance with joy when she visited.

The blonde was now on her way to the garden; her butterflies wrapped around her to make her invisible. She tiptoed past the throne room when she heard her name. Pausing, Sofia took steps back, going back to the slightly open doors of the throne room. She peaked through the doors, eyes wandering around the room until they spotted her room.

"It seems our dear Sofia has been going somewhere at night," Aro started, the king sitting on his throne along with his brothers while Jane and Alec stood by the side, resting against one of the pillars.

Sofia gulped, shocked and surprised. She didn't think they'd know and was quite surprised. She crossed her fingers, hoping they didn't know where as she didn't want to get in trouble for what she was doing. Sure it against the rules but she couldn't help it.

"Do you know where?" Caius asked, jealousy rising as his thoughts went to angered places. Sofia bit her lip as her anxiety levels began to grow.

"No." Caius clenched his fists along with the witch twins. "But I do know she hasn't gone off to see anybody. She's gone to see something, not somebody." Sofia sighed in relief, happy they don't know where before hoping they wouldn't stop her from going.

The blonde continued her journey to the garden, her footsteps silent. She entered the garden, closing the door behind her before going to the back. With a small smile gracing her face, Sofia pushed down on the golden door Handel and entered the room.

"Sofia!" The butterflies giggled happily as they saw their favourite person.

"Hi, guys." She greeted, a big grin spreading on her lips as she closed the door and spent the rest of the night with the butterflies, forgetting about the moment in the throne room just then. She would cross that bridge when she came across the problem of them stopping her from visiting the butterflies.

Back in the throne room, Marcus sat on his chair with a book in his hand. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw their shared mate enter the garden for the seventh time this week. He was the only one he knew where she would go.

How?

Well, the golden bond that connected him, and the others, to Sofia moved as Sofia moved. He could see her outside the throne room, even if she was invisible because also though her butterflies covered her, they couldn't hide their bond. No matter what.

Marcus's eyes scanned the words of his book while a smile dangled on his lips, one that was not noticeable and disappeared every time someone glanced at him.

'Mi Amore.' He thought as he shook his head, laughing mentally. 'You are a handful.'