Chp. 7 Never Letting You Go

*Maya's POV*
Previously
"So how's NYU so far?" A voice behind me said it. It was familiar.

I looked at Riley, where she looked at the back of me, with her mouth wide open, and her eyes ready to pop out. She looked as if she were to explode.

I slowly turned around, to see who it was, but as soon as I did, I looked like Riley's twin, with my eyes and mouth popped open.

It was...
______________________________________________________

"Daddy?"

"Mr. Mathews?"

Our voices were combined with small and squeaky, with loud and well...loud. Guess who belonged to who?

"Hiya girls!" He waved.

We couldn't move. We stood still, tall and stiff. Although, I guess it was a good thing that I stood still. Whereas for Riley, the next thing you know what happened was that she ran over and jumped  on him, engulfing him in a bear hug.

"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!"

I could tell he was regretting giving birth to his daughter, but hey who could blame her?! There's a reason she was born as thee Riley Mathews.

After the massive scene, which someone took a photo of, and posted on Instagram, which went viral in seconds...yours truly, I finally got Riley off of her dad. He owes me just sayin.

"Daddy, what are you doing here?"

"Yeah Mathews, shouldn't you be in High school?"

"Maya, remember, call me Corey. And for what? Teaching or learning?" He asked.

"Both, but mostly for learning." I said.

He gave me the look. But hey, he brought this one on himself.

"Well I've got a new best teacher to fill in my place. He's even better then me."

I'll say.

"What's that Maya?"

Oops, did I say that out loud?

"Nothing." I smiled sheepishly.

"Ooook, anyway, girls don't freak out. I thought I should tell you guys at home, but I wanted to surprise you guys..."

Oh no. Oh no, please don't tell me he's

"I'm your new history teacher!"

"YYYAAAYYY!" Riley exploded.

"Even for college Mathews? First middle school, then High school, now college?! You've got to be kidding me!"

"And she's back."

"But daddy, why are you here?" Riley inquired.

"Mostly, cause I haven't fully taught you guys the lessons of life, but mostly because of the rucas couple."

"Ugh, there's more to learn?!" I asked.