Chp. 25 Melting Ice

*Maya's POV*

"Maya, there's blueberry pancakes on the table!" Farkle shouted.

My eyes were wide open as I jolted up, not even taking a look in my surroundings as I ran to the kitchen within five seconds. I don't like to brag, but I believe that's a new record.

"Where's the pancakes." I asked, while rubbing my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them.

"Well good morning to you two." Smackle said looking offended as she playfully winked at me. I reached out for pancakes that were on the kitchen counter, but she stopped me, "Uh uh, first brush you teeth, then you can eat."

The only thing that can get me up really early in the morning, considering that it's 6:30, are pancakes. Especially blueberry or chocolate ones.

She shooed me out of the kitchen as I stomped my way to the small bathroom that we all shared. Recently, Smackle has been discovering and developing new feelings in her new found maturity. She's more open to us and more willingly to open up about her feelings, while receiving a kiss from Farkle on the cheek.

I made my way over to the kitchen, with minty fresh breath, stopping as I took in the scene, while trying not to burst into laughter.

Josh and Chris were tangled up together half sleeping and half snoring. Josh's arm was on Chris's face, while Chris's feet were wrapped over the other boy's body. Because I can be stubborn and cruel, I took a picture and saved it for later.

I walked into the kitchen, sitting on one of the wooden stool, devouring my simple taste of heaven, while receiving raised eyebrows, as I wore a satisfied look.

I placed my plate in the sink, with my back turned against Farkle and Smackle, finally hearing the words I wanted to hear, "Chris, get off of me!"

Snorting out loud, and getting questioning looks from the two clueless friends standing right in front of me, I planted myself once again on the stool as I waited for either one of their arrivals.

"Wow maya, your actually up and awake before me." Josh said, looking amused.

"Oh shut it, I only woke up because of the deliciousness." I told him, hinting a playfulness tone in my voice.

"Ah, yes of course." He crossed his arms looked at me expectingly, "Why didn't you tell me that not only does Chris sleep kick, but he also sleep hugs?"

"I, uh, forgot." It came out as more of a question that a statement.

"Uh huh, yeah okay."

"MAYA!!" A blood-shrilling yell bounced off the walls.

Our heads turned as we saw Chris standing next to the passage way that connected the kitchen and the bedrooms, with a phone in his hand.

Precisely my phone...ohhhh...wait....oh no.

"What?" Josh asked, staring at him dumbly, then walking over to Chris.

My face flushed as his saw the picture, "Maya, please explain."

"Hey, it was bound to happen." Chuckling nervously, I walked over to them, trying to pry off Chris's hands on my phone.

"Y-you took a picture?!" Josh  shrieked.

"Hey, it's not my fault that you guys just so happen to be in that position the same time I was walking over." I said innocently.

"Would someone please tell us what's going on here?" Farkle cut in.

I placed my phone zooming in the picture and in seconds they were both hysterically laughing.

Josh and Chris groaned, "Delete it. Now."