Chp. 26 A Little Bit of Hope

*Maya's POV*

I was woken from a deep slumber, fazing back into reality, by a disturbing noise, "Lucas?" I asked, whispering to the driver, thinking everbody was asleep. The car was stopped and the noise kept on coming whenever he tried to hit the gas pedal.

I blushed as I realized what kind of position he and I were in. My head was snuggled up into his chest and my arm wrapped around his torso, while his was wrapped around me. I would be lying if I said I wanted to move from this comfortable position, but this would be too awkward if he noticed too.

I slowly unwrapped my arm around his stomach, trying not to disturb him, and gently trying to get my head off of his chest, but his arm tightened around me. Confused, I looked up to him and saw that he was wide awake looking at Lucas.

We were currently driving back to New York, possibly seven to five hours away, and I'm guessing we ran out of gas or the engine is stuck.

Lucas was driving, while Chris called out shotgun and jumped into the passenger seat like the child he is. In the middle row, Vanessa, Zay, Farkle, and smackle were half awake half sleeping, whilst I was in between josh and Riley.

Riley was peacefully sleeping, her head rested on the window, as I clenched my jaw, while looking at her, even though I know she can't see me. This was all her idea. She claimed that she wanted the window seat and made me sit in between them.

Now I'm stuck in Josh's arms, not that I don't mind or anything, not knowing what we are going to do, "Guys What should we do?" Chris whined, stopping my train of thoughts.

"I think I saw a motel a few miles back." Smackle said, getting out attention.

"Lucas, do you think this can run for a few miles more, because our only other option is pushing the car." Josh stated.

"Yeah, but the gas is very low too, first let's just go to the motel and then we can figure this out."

It's official, I hate car rides.

*********

"Yes mom, we're all fine."

"Okay call me once you've started in the morning, I'll let Shawn know."

"Okay bye, love you."

"Love you honey, stay safe."

I ended the call and wrapped myself from the cold, "Good news, the manager said that the car will be fixed and ready by morning." Zay smiled.

"So we're going to have to spend the night here?"

"Yeah looks like it." Lucas said out loud.

"But this place looks creepy." I whined, looking up at the bold red open sign.

We all walked into the motel that didn't really look so friendly and welcoming, and it seemed we were the only guests here, other than a middle aged woman who was sitting in one of the chairs in the seating area.

She was reading a newspaper, but she looked through her glasses and caught my eye. Even though it seemed as if I was looking at her, I could've sworn that she was staring at me since I step foot in this weird place.

"Hello welcome, I assume you guys are only here for one night stay." I raised an eyebrow at the manager, "What kind of rooms would you like."

"Two with two queen beds and one couch please." Farkle responded.

"Okay here are the keys, your rooms will be 63 and 64, down the hall and take a right."

"Okay guys I think we should just keep it the same way as we slept like in the golden arrow hotel, that way we won't have any confusion, sound good." Vanessa said.