Chp. 34 Breaking Point

*Third Person's POV*

Maya looked in the mirror. All she could see is a unknown face staring back at her.

She has come to a conclusion that josh and her will never work out. She feels embarrassed, going after him like a lost and kicked puppy.

Why did she try so hard. It's never going to work.

"I think that's the last of it." Riley broke her out of her train of thoughts.

A week ago, they had just went back to their dorms and Maya was seemingly trying to go back to reality.

She was one of the few people who knew how to read Maya. Her face softened as she took on look at her, "Peaches, are you okay?"

It's been a long time since she called her that. And when she thought why, her heart crushed inside of her. "I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

"Okay, I'll be in the next room."

How did it come to this? Maya has been so wrapped around her thoughts and herself that she's not even noticing her friends. Her family.

She doesn't even know how long it has been since she talked to farkle and Zay.

It's been a month since she came back to the dorms, and living with Josh has been making it harder and harder.

Like a cycle.

She hates josh. Josh brings her closer. Maya loves Josh. Josh pushes her away. And in the end Maya is the one who gets hurt.

She's confused.

Maya sat on her bed, thinking of how she let her friends slip away from her. She wants to blame josh, but she knows it's not all of his fault.

That one day changed her life. And it was when Josh said that they were friends and nothing more.

To think that she actually had a chance.

That word, friends, made her push her own friends away. She was hurting and she was getting closer to her breaking point.

A lone tear ran down her cheek, and Josh barged in the dorm.

"Hey, they changed the schedule for-." Josh stopped himself once he saw Maya crying.

He knew he should just walk out the door right now. But his feet dragged closer and closer to the bed.

He sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. Maya buried her face in his chest.

She wants to scream out, 'Your the reason why I'm crying!' or 'Why do you keep hurting me?!'

Yet she just sits there with no emotions on her face. A cycle that just goes on and on forever.

And you know what the sad part is?

Josh never noticed.

A/N: Hey loves, sorry for the long wait. I wrote this before the ideas, so the next chapter will include all of your ideas. For whoever is still reading, tysm. Loving Singular Act 1🖤

Vote | Comment | Share