Chp. 27 Christmas Disaster Pt. 1

*Maya's POV*

"Hey Zay, how's texa?"

"It's good, Vanessa and my family are really hitting it off."

"That's good, everyone here misses you."

"I miss them too, tell Lucas that Pappy Joe says hi and to call."

"Will do, bye Zay."

"Bye nugget."

The phone ends as I rapidly blink my tears away.

It was Christmas Eve and as usual everyone is here at the Mathews residence. Zay and Vanessa went back to Austin, Texas to meet Zays parents. And of course to no surprise, Rebecca is here too. Josh just had to bring her.

"You okay Margie?"

"I'm fine Eric."

I looked at Riley and Lucas cuddled and then Rebecca and Josh sitting on the love seat, "You want what they have right?"

"No." I said looking down, "Yes. I don't know. All I know is that I'm happy for them and that I'm lucky to have Riley as my friend."

Happy my ass.

He chuckled as I looked up at him confused, "Riley's lucky to have you as a friend."

Eric walked away as I looked at josh and Rebecca, I just have to accept it.

"Guys, movie night!" Shawn yelled.

"Riles, I'm going to go change into my pajamas."

"Okay peaches hurry up."

I went to Riley's room and got my pjs from my bag and went into the bathroom to change.

I got out walking silent and soon an arm was wrapped around my waist and a hand rest against my mouth

I got out walking silent and soon an arm was wrapped around my waist and a hand rest against my mouth. Because of this situation, I did the only thing that came to my mind.

I bit the persons hand as they gave out a yelp and let go of me. The room was dark and I couldn't make out the persons face, but I did recognize their voice.

"Chris, what the heck are you doing?!"

"Giving you a hug?"

"By putting a hand over my mouth?" I asked skeptically.

"Uh yes?"

"What are you doing here?"

"You said I could come."

"Yeah, but through the door like a normal person."

"You come through the bay window."

"That's not the point."

"Why are we whispering?"

Before I could reply, the lights went one and Farkle stood by the doorway with his hands crossed, "What are you two doing?"