Chapter 3

Arabella's POV

As the day went by, I couldn't help but feel sad for having to leave. Then eventually the end of my last shift came and I packed all my things from my locker. I bid everyone goodbye. Madi gave me a big hug and wished me luck. We got into the bus as we got to the bus stop and made our way to the park. "Bella you know they have the best ice cream ever at the park. Can we have some," she asked as we got to the park. Well I guess she just loves it here because of the ice cream. "Ana you will have the mint with chocolate chips right," I asked her but I already knew the answer because that is her all time favorite flavor. So I got us both ice cream and spent an hour talking and enjoying that beautiful day. Enjoying those little moments with my little sister is the best things ever. She is so adorable. Shoot I forgot to grab my Polaroid camera this morning when I left home. I always carry my Polaroid to capture moments like this just to remember. I just love to capture those moments. It's not like I am going to forget about those moments but it's just a way to collect them and keep it I guess. If that makes any sense. I actually have a box filled with pictures that I took. All the precious memories. That is my way of conserving memories.

At 5 in the afternoon we got home and Ana was so tired that she fell asleep in the bus

At 5 in the afternoon we got home and Ana was so tired that she fell asleep in the bus. She looks like a little angel. I placed her in my bed and made my way downstairs to make dinner. I saw a note stick on the refrigerator's door which reminded me that I have to babysit John, the neighbors' kid. I went to my laptop and studied for a while. When John comes I will have to wake Ana to feed her. Maybe she will be friends with little John. We never know. Suddenly the doorbell went off. Cool John is here. "Hello Arabella," Mrs Ross said as she was holding on John's hand. "Hello Mrs Ross. How are you doing?" I asked her. "I am fine Arabella. So I have put his yogurt in the bag. He still needs to have his dinner. I will be back at 8," she said as she handed me the bag. "Of course Mrs Ross. You don't have to worry at all," I said as I ruffled the hair of John who giggled. "Thank you Arabella. You better behave little man," she said to John and placed a little kiss on his cheek. "Yes mommy," John said and came inside. We then waved goodbye to his parents and went inside. "So buddy what do you want to do?" I asked him as he sat on the couch. "Can I draw?" he asked and I nodded. "We are going to have dinner as soon as you are done is that fine buddy?" I asked and he gave me a little nod. That little boy was so focused on his drawing that he didn't even look at me but he looks so cute. Leaving him to draw, I went to wake up my little sister. "Hey princess wake up. We need to have dinner," I whispered in her ears and she stirred. Then she slowly got up and we went to the kitchen. Ana introduced herself to John who seemed happy to have a friend to play with. "Anabella is too long. I will call you Bella," I heard John say. "No you can't call me that. My sister is Bella," she said but I didn't hear them talk any further as I got busy cooking. I decided to make something quick and easy. I am making spaghetti and my special sauce. I know that Ana loves this so much. Back home I used to cook that a lot for her and she never gets tired of it. It makes me feel so good to cook for my little princess.

After a few hours, the parents of John came to pick him up. I had already fed him and gave him a bath. He was a really quiet boy and has become a really good friend to Ana. She has not stopped talking about him since he left. "Bella can I play with him tomorrow?" she asked me with her puppy eyes. How could I say no to this face. "I will ask Mrs Ross, is that fine Ana?" I asked and she squealed. She is crazy. Suddenly the doorbell rang so I got up and opened the door. "Who could it be?" I thought to myself. I opened the door and saw a big bouquet of beautiful rose lying in front of me. Wow those are beautiful. They must be from Leonardo for Andrea. I took it from the door steps and brought it inside. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. Leonardo is the boyfriend of Andrea. They have recently started dating. They met at the charity event that Andrea's parents were hosting. Yups Andrea is rich and her parents own chains of hotels and restaurants. Nevertheless she is a humble girl. She never show off and is sweet by nature. You must have known that by now. That is one of the reasons I am friend with her. She is just amazing. I still remember how she helped me when I moved out from my parents' house. She was so supportive. I am truly blessed to have her as my best friend. Also now I have Leonardo. He is like a brother to me despite knowing him for only a few months. He was trying to get on my good side the first time we met, just to impress Drea and that totally made my heart melt. Seeing the effort he is putting into this relationship makes me want to see them getting married someday. They are made for each other and I know for a matter of fact that they will always be there for me. "Wow for whom are those flowers Bella?" my little sister said bringing me out of my thoughts. "I think they are for Drea. Maybe from her boyfriend," I said placing the vase of flower on the table. "What's a boyfriend?" she asked me while coming closer so as to smell the wonderful fragrance of the flowers. "Ana a boyfriend is a boy whom you feel comfortable to be around and maybe would like to stay with you and help you when you are sad," I said trying to come up with the best explanation I could think of. "Oh so I have a boyfriend too. John is my boyfriend," she squealed and smiled. She looked so cute but then I realised whats she just said. "No Princess John is your friend only okay. It's too early for you to have a boyfriend," I tried to fix what I nearly messed up. "Okay Bella when I will grow up I will ask John to be my boyfriend," she said and went back to her drawings. This kid is impossible.