Chapter 13

Arabella's POV

The silence was killing me so I apologized and he accepted it. "So Stella I actually want to know more about you," he said as I could see genuine interest in his eyes. "Well I'm 22 years old and I have a little sister who is 16 years younger than me. And I'm supposed to be an intern at Beauty Bliss but now I'm working for you," I said laughing. "You guys have a huge age gap," he said and I laughed. "Yes a lot of people mistake her for being my daughter," I said and he nodded. "What about you sir," I asked looking up at him. "I am 28 years old and I have five siblings," he said and my eyes widened. "Five," I asked and he nodded. "I have a little sister and four brothers," he added. "So you own the company so that means that you are the eldest son?" I asked. "Yes I'm the eldest, then my twin brothers Andy and Alex who are 26, then you have Aiden who is 24 years old. Then finally comes the last pair of twins, Adriana and Andrew who are 22 years old," he said laughing at my expression. I had my mouth hanging trying to say something. "That's a big family. I always love the idea of having a big family," I said getting lost in my own thoughts. "Well it's actually nice to have such a big family and by the way Leo told Adriana about you and she would love to meet you," he said as the waiter placed our food on the table. I almost choked on the water that I was drinking. "What? Really? I would love to meet her," I said as I regained my posture. "I would surely let her know. Anyways Stella how is the project going on," he asked me as he started to eat. "Well we are nearly done with all the designing and now I have to go see the hotel in person to see if it will suit the place," I stopped eating and started explaining what I had in mind with so much interest. I continued talking when I felt his gaze on me. I immediately unwillingly made eye contact with him and almost got lost. "Sorry I started rambling," I said starting to eat again. "Of course not Stella. I can tell that you have a real flame of passion for this job and I can see that you are making great efforts to do your work and I admire hard working people," he said looking directly at me. I couldn't help but blush as I lowered my gaze to my hands under the table.

Lunch was going great. I saw a charming side of my boss and I was liking it a lot. I think I'm liking it too much to be true. He seems very comfortable and relaxed. "Stella you zoned out," he said as he snapped his fingers in front of my eyes. "Yeah sorry sir," I said and continued to eat. "Sweetheart we should stop seeing each other in public that much," I heard a rather irritating voice coming from behind me. The woman went straight to Mr Giovanni and hugged him. He looked a bit uncomfortable but quickly masked his expression. "Sandra good to see you too," he said as she pulled away. "I see you came with someone now honey. Who is she?" Sandra asked as she turned to me. Oh hell no! It's Sandra Louis. I knew her from high school. She bullied me since so long and hoped that I would never see her again after high school. What is she doing here? How does she know my boss? It's probably his girlfriend. Oh no why would this have to happen? I hope she doesn't recognize me. "Well if this isn't Arabella. Remember me sweetie," she asked while extending her hand to me. "I'm Sandra. We used to go to the same high school. Oh Toni honey she was a scholarship student. Anyways why are you here with her," she suddenly asked him. "He is my boss and I'm designing his hotel so he wanted to talk about the hotel so we are here," I started to ramble and Mr Giovanni started to throw me suspicious looks. "Oh well isn't that amazing. My boyfriend is such a hard working man. He has achieved so much and has built so many hotels. Honey you could have contact a professional interior designer you know," she told him as if I was not there. I was about to respond when she started to blabber again. I seriously can't stand the sound of her voice. Thinking about it now I realize that I felt like a pinch to my heart when she said that Mr Giovanni was her boyfriend. I mean I shouldn't feel a thing right. I shouldn't care. Trying to put the crazy thoughts aside, I put on a small smile as I looked at them. "Sandra we are in a middle of something right now so please can you leave," he said rather dryly making my mouth almost drop to the floor. In your face SANDRA, I thought to myself. Why does that makes me happy to see him ignore her? Weird! She finally left after stomping her feet on the ground and throw me death glares. "I don't think your girlfriend appreciates this," I said while pointing alternatively between me and him. He simply shook his head. "She is not my girlfriend. She gave herself this title and thinks that she owns me," he said casually and continued eating. "Oh well then," I said. Then we continued eating in silence.