11.

Thea's POV

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it." my dad says standing up from the eating table to open the front door.

Looks like someone decided to interrupt our supper. Shame I pity the poor soul. Whoever it is, is gonna hear a fucking earful from my dad.

Jax sends me a look asking if I invited anyone. I subtly shake my head no. I don't really care for making any friends here. Don't feel the need for unwanted drama.

"Who are you?" I hear my dad asking.

"You don't remember me, aww Mr Crawford you break my heart." I hear a cocky familiar voice reply.

I get up hoping my hearing is betraying me only to find the ass standing outside the house in front of my dad. The nerve of the guy!

"Just answer the question, boy."

"It's me, Carter."

"Carter Adams?!"

"The one and only." He smirks.

"Cyan you'll never believe who it is." My dad says calling my mom towards the front door.

Following my mom are my brothers. Theo looks lost wondering why they're okay with someone disturbing supper. While Jax looks confused obviously not recognizing Carter.

My mom walks up to my dad and frowns obviously not recognizing the ass at the door.

"Who is it?" She asks shyly smiling obviously feeling bad for not recognizing him.

"It's Carter Adams Mrs Crawford." Carter says steeping forward smiling.

"Oh my, Carter! I didn't even recognize you. Come inside Rob...why didn't you let the poor boy inside." My mom gushes and then glares at my dad.

Carter steps inside and his eyes automatically shift to me. I see his eyes sparkle with amusement and he plasters a smirk in his face. I avoid his gaze and turn to Jax who is looking at Carter.

Carter follows my gaze and replaces his smirk with a blank face.

"Jaxon."

"Carter."

The two say without emotion before smiles break out on both their faces and they bro hug.

"Thea!" Theo says tugging my shirt.

"What's up." I say bending down so that I'm eye level with him.

"The sky." Theo replied with a toothy smile.

I chuckle. And raise a brow.

"That all?"

He shakes his head.

"Who's he?" He asks pointing to Carter who's in front of him and behind me.

"I'm Carter an old friend of Thea's." Carter replies walking closer to me. Until he's directly next to me.

"How come I've never seen you before then?"

"Smart kid, I left ten years ago. My family moved to this city. Thea and I were best friends ten years ago before I moved." He says staring at me with regret.