27.

Thea's POV

1 month later

It's been one whole fucking month since a gang war was declared. A whole ass 30 days, 30 painstakingly long days. Filled with excessive training, strategising and the occasional phone call- calling all allies to take part in the upcoming war. I can no longer keep tract of who the hell is helping us.

Yet the best fucking part of all of this is that yes we know war is coming but do we know when? Fuck no.

Doing things alone has become impossible, if I go anywhere at least three guards need to go with me. If Carter's with then only two. But for the most part I've been stuck inside the four walls of the gang house. It feels like I'm on fucking house arrest. Fun, fun times. During my oh so lovely 'house arrest' I have been forced to conversing with Carter's gang, I can stand everyone but not Aiden. He is a massive pain in the ass. I have somehow managed to form an unlikely friendship Hayden, Hazel and Stella.

Mainly because the three of them help me prank their brothers and some other gang member. Which has been fun. It's probably the only thing keeping us girls sane. We actually put a prank in motion this morning.

I simply call it payback for Aiden bring an ass.

"AHHHH"

The girls and I who happen to be lounging around in the living room talking nonsense share a look. Hazel looks slightly concerned whereas Hayden looks unbothered and Stella picks up a random magazine and pretends to flip through it. I on the other hand place a massive smirk on my face.

Less than sixty seconds later we hear an elephant making it's way downstairs. Oh excuse me it's not an elephant, it's an Aiden. But if you ask me they are one in the same thing. Nahh, actually they aren't, elephants are great animals. After looking at him Stella and Hayden burst out laughing. Let me paint the picture for everyone: Aiden stands at the bottom of the staircase in only a towel. Said towel is only covering his lower regions, it appears that Mr second in command has a nice six pack. But the highlight is the murderous look on his face which happens to be accompanied with bright pink hair.

And hell breaks lose for a bit. Almost long enough for us to forget about the fucking war on its way.

They're welcome.

•••

After getting a scolding from the intimidating gang leader for the unnecessary prank everyone dispersed and went off to do their own thing. Everyone but Carter who forced me to sit idly as he works in his fucking boring office.

"Carter I'm bored as fuck." I tell him as I lay lying across his fancy ass leather couches.

"Hmmm" he hums back not paying any attention to me.

"Carter I'm going to go make out with Aiden for  a bit." I say to test my theory.

He doesn't move his gaze from the piece of a paper in front of him. The asshole. Maybe I should leave the room and see if he actually notices that I'm gone. I mean there's a very slim chance that he'll actually notice anything.

Just as I'm about to complain about more things in an attempt to get Carter's stupid fucking attention I hear commotion outside of his office. And obviously curiosity killed the cat. So I oh so graciously jumped off of the couch and opened the office door only to stick my very thin neck out of it.

CRASH.

I turn to Carter after that sound echos through the house to see that his fucking attention is no longer on that useless piece of paper. He signs in irritation and gets up. As he walks to the door he grabs my hand and we leave in search of the culprit making more noise. The noise trail we follow happens to lead us to the living room. Where the fist thing anyone would notice is the broken vase on the floor. The second thing to notice is Sebastian and Stella having a scream fest. Wow I miss doing that with Jax, maybe I'll invite him over later so we can do some sibling bonding-arguing like fucking toddlers.