Chapter 3

Ted looked around, seeming to notice this more consciously after my comment.

"Yeah, I guess you're right about that there, Tim."

"Where is everyone...?" I dared to ask, as I hopped out of the rocket as well and steadied my feet onto the marble ground of Babycorp.

Ted's back to me was turned as he just looked on at the deserted Babycorp, and he only uttered out barely.

"I don't understand, they were meant to be here..."

"The babies...?"

"Yeah, I didn't realize there were problems up here as well."

I hmphed, thinking this over and I began to walk forward into the dim dark hallway. Ted seemed to stay still for a few seconds more, going over things in his head. But he followed as well a few moments later.

We went to the office section to find desks and cubicles were empty and I hazarded a guess.

"Maybe everyone is in bed?"

"No," Ted said concerned, his briefcase being held tightly in his right hand and he continued on, "There's usually a few floor staff on just in case something goes askew."

"Oh," I said, realising this bit of info. I didn't really know what we could do, but I saw Ted take a few hesitant soft steps ahead of me as he passed his old work station and just stopped, looking at it. He stared at it for the longest time. I bit my lip worried.

What was he thinking of? I didn't want to even imagine that it could be that he missed his old life. But was it really even a life...?

No parents... no b-brother...

"There you are!"

We both seemed to blink our eyes at the same time, looking ahead to the aisle and seeing Ted's old boss, Big Boss Baby storming through the empty room towards us.

"Where have you been!? Do you not know that we are in a crises?!"

"Yes, Big Boss Baby." Ted said quickly, apologizing for a mistake he never made. She glared her eyes into his, before swinging them up to catch my gaze and I gulped, a bit startled- and honestly slightly frightened, of her domineering personality.

"And who is this?!" She snapped at my little baby brother. Ted straightened up, his arms to his sides as if he was in the military and said.

"That's Tim Templeton... my brother..."

"Brother, ay?" Big Boss Baby said with intrigue, and within a second, slammed her two chubby hands onto her hips. She said to Ted with a slightly disappointed look.

"So, you still want to be a family man, even with this new opportunity to come back to Babycorp?"

I blinked, baffled by her statement, but I could see Ted slightly tense his body, as his eyes gazed nervously to the ground. He seemed to truly be taken in her words.

I didn't understand why he was not even considering to respond with direct rebuttal of her claim that he even wanted to come back to Babycorp, and finally he said, sternly. Though it seemed only half hearted in its true nature.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Big Boss Baby stayed still for a second, analysing him and his answer to her and just skewed her lips into a frown, her eyebrows creasing together as she only hummed out, "Hmm..."

After a moment more had passed, she snapped back up into her former position and clicked her thumbs in a hard snap. She was indicating for us to follow her, as she turned, swishing her big beehive of brown hair, and walked in a hard stride towards the door that led to the giant hallway where all the higher ups worked.

Ted fixed his tie nervously, and quickly followed, his head hung down a bit in obedience. I didn't get why he was acting so passive with her, but I quickly followed him and Big Boss Baby onwards to the hall where giant paintings of all the infamous boss babies hung, in all their glory.

When I did enter the giant long tall and narrow hallway, I couldn't help but get a sense of epicness of this whole corporation and that I had come from this baby world original when I had been an infant myself.

As we passed the many tall doors, I suddenly bumped off of Ted when he halted suddenly. I looked ahead confused to see that Big Boss Baby had held out her hand in a quick movement to stop us from proceeding any further, and noticed we were in front of a golden door that looked quite different to all the rest.

"Come on." She just said. I could tell by her slightly quieter tone that she was not angry, but her voice seemed to have always such an aggressive pitch to it, I just presumed she was forever furious over everything.

She pushed the door open, and Ted swallowed. He took a deep breath in and I pat him softly on his small shoulder, saying quietly.

"Hey, you'll be fine."

Ted glanced his eyes up at me, seeing my calm expression, and just nodded his head slightly, before turning his eyes back at the opening door and began to walk in.

I followed and as we entered the room, my eyes widened in pure awe.

We were in a room where all the corporate CEO babies were up on huge stands and they seemed to look down on us from near the top of the ceiling like they were the gods of this world and we were puny insects.

They all looked chubby, and their suits looks very old fashioned compared to the Ted's and Big Boss Baby's. I began to think that these babies had been babies for a very long time. Maybe even longer than recorded history.

I saw Ted walk towards the middle of the room, the walls painted deep red and he stood there, nearly shaking in fear of what he was to say.

Big Boss Baby just stood away, watching this, also seeming like she was afraid now of what was to happen.

And then, finally, one of the ancient babies spoke.